CB to New England/Canada age question

drl412

Hello all....

My wife and I are thinking about booking this cruise(princess, i think i used the right initials for the boat :) ) for august 21st and one of her concerns is the age of the cruisers. We're in our early 30's and the will be our honeymoon(we got married in April but she's a teacher, so we had to wait a bit.)

We're not beach people so we don't want to go south.....does this cruise get a lot of cruisers our age? Any other suggestions??

Thx!!!

i can't answer to your specific question, but generally i have found princess sailings to be a real mix of ages, especially in the summer. congratulations on your marriage and have a lovely honeymoon. :)

Not sure about August, but in October 2008 it seemed there were very few people under 50-60 range. We were late 30s and it felt like we were among the youngest people on the ship. It didn't affect us a bit, though, because we cruise for the ports, and it was a very enjoyable trip.

We went on this cruise at the end of August too (in 2008) and it was mostly a geriatric crowd. However, there were still many younger adults onboard too. Even though school was still on summer holidays in the Northeast, there were hardly any school-aged kids.

I still highly recommend it! The price for that particular sailing is excellent!(In fact, I'm considering it too, even though we'll be on the CB with a different itinerary at the end of July)

It's a port intensive itinerary so you don't spend all that much time on the ship. The ports are wonderful - lots to see and do. There were activities going on at night, so the ship wasn't totally dead.

You can click on the link in my signature for my review of the cruise.

Another suggestion: Explorer of the Sea 5 day cruise from NJ to Bermuda. There's a lot to see in Bermuda beside beach activities. Royal Caribbean is generally a bit more active and younger than Princess - the ship has an ice rink, rock climbing wall, etc. Even if you dont participate, it's still fun to watch and it draws a younger crowd.

Archived