Pick best cabin for family of 5 on RCCL Liberty

mzyonse

Okay, we have finally decided on the Liberty of the Seas. I just can't decide on the staterooms. We can either do 2 connecting (category Hm 2630 & 2632)ocean views mid/aft ship on deck 2 (not below the disco) or stay on deck 9 all the way aft in a D1 oceanview balcony connected to a category L inside (9696 & 9701).

Has anyone stayed in these rooms on deck 9 or stayed on deck 2? It's $579 more to go with the balcony/inside rooms on 9. Is it worth it? Also, how about being all the way aft. Since I have never been on the freedom class, is it a bigger pain to be all the way aft or to be on deck 2? What would you do?

Have you checked with Royal Caribbean about whether they'd even let you have a third person in either of the cabins on the inside outside or the promenade?

My brother and sister-in-law are sailing with us on a family cruise and we were told that they HAD to have a room rated for three people, even if the baby was going to be in a crib and not using an actual bed. That might narrow down your choices some.

Yes, the 2 year old can be in the room as the third even if there is not a bed. He will be in a crib. RCCL said this was fine.

I have also been told that if you have a 3rd person you must have a cabin for 3 even if the 3rd person is an infant. Seems to be a conflict about this.

I stayed in the balcony connected to inside cabin on the Adventure of the Seas (same position on the ship) and it was fantastic. We are looking at the Freedom for next year and they told me the same thing - they can book a third passenger in the inside room. Our child will be in a crib, too.

As far as the increased cost, I think it depends upon your financial circumstances. For the cruise we are planning, the difference between the balcony/inside and the family promenade stateroom is $1,000 and we have decided that it is NOT worth it. But that is based upon the current state of our resources and what we could use that extra $1,000 for.

Archived