Hotel prices in March

We will be in Fort Lauderdale, pre cruise in March. It is necessary that we cruise on grandaughters spring break. Will the hotel prices be higher at this time of year? We would like someplace like Hyatt Pier 66 but I don't have unlimited funds.

Thanks

Marcia

We will be in Fort Lauderdale, pre cruise in March. It is necessary that we cruise on grandaughters spring break. Will the hotel prices be higher at this time of year? We would like someplace like Hyatt Pier 66 but I don't have unlimited funds.

Thanks

Marcia

This will be one of the priciest times of the year due to spring break ~ one of many reasons. When our group of 4 cruised in March 07 we actually found the cruiseline's hotel package LESS than booking on our own. Only time that ever happened.

Many people will advise you to book something now that you can cancel without penalty - and then try Priceline or Hotwire nearer to the date. I have been successful with Hotwire many times in FLL - but not in March.

Good luck!

I booked on Priceline for my spring break hotel this past March. I paid $80 per night at the Renaissance right across from the port. It was a great hotel and walking distance to restaurants and if you can get a room on 10 or 11 (1102 I think I had) floor that faces the port you can see everything. I booked it early knowing that it would be hard to get rooms at that time of year.

We opted to stay at Summerfield Suites (through Hotwire) in Dania Beach this past March after our spring break cruise. We got it for $50 a night, and it had a pretty good hot breakfast included. We had a rental car and made our way to where ever we wanted to go. We went to a state park beach (hardly anyone there), did the Duck tour in FLL and took an Everglades airboat tour (need rental car for that since they aren't close at all). For the price of the hotel, it made it easy to afford the rental car, and other stuff.

Archived