Beach Break Party vs. Mahahaul

billg13

I'm trying to decide if I should go to Mahahaul or sign up for the Beach Break Party. I have not seen any good comments on this site aobut the Beach Break Party. I'm not even sure where it is. It seems you can get this excursion from the ship or from this web sites; http://costamayacruiseexcursions.com/CostaMayaBeach.htmI'm trying to find out if they are the same. Can anyone offer any advice about going to Mahahaul vs Beach Break. If you suggest Mahahaul, which bar would you suggest going. We will be with 17 people. 1/2 adults and 1/2 kids. :cool:

I did some more checking myself by doing an online chat with the group that runs the $25 beach break party. They said they were at the South end of Mahahaul and that the Beach Break offered by the ships goes to a place called Uvero that is only for the Ship excursions.

Has anyone been to Uvero on any of the cruise lines beach break party.

Hello,

We took the Uvero Beach excursion off the Grand Princess last November. A bus met the group at the end of the long pier and we took about a 25-minute ride to a beautiful white sandy beach that included open bar, lounge chairs and I believe some water toys. There were a few vendors selling things, food was available for purchase (I think) and I received the most wonderful 30-minute massage on the beach for $30. Our group was the only one at the beach at the time, so it was not crowded, very quiet, lots of people just laying out in the sun tanning and napping, some in the water, just relaxing. I think the excursion cost $32 pp. Everyone on the bus on the way back to the ship was remarking about what a wonderful beach it was. I cannot wait to get back!

Can you just go to the beach and pay for the Beach Break Party there or do you need to book in advance?

Thanks

Bernie

OK, here's the real word on the Costa Maya Beach Break Party.

It is absolutely as advertised at http://costamayacruiseexcursions.com/CostaMayaBeach.htm. We were there last Thursday, Feb. 3. Take the $3 pp bus/cab into town (a cab will drop you off closer). The location is at Pez Quadro beach bar, across the street from La Posada de los 40 Canones (http://www.*****/html/mahahual.htm). We checked in with Marco, and he looked up our reservation and we paid the monies owed. He asked what time we wanted the lunch we had preordered (lobster, shrimp and quesadillas were great!) and asked when and where we wanted it served (on the beach or at the restaurant). He set us up with beach chairs, and by that time Rosalinda brought us our welcome Pina Coladas. For the next 5 or so hours I drank to my hearts content, and enjoyed the relatively shallow waters (very safe for our 4 year old---the drop off was probably 75 feet out) and the beach. This was the highlight of our trip on Rhapsody, and I cannot imagine how anything could've been better.

Hey, JW, how do we know where to go to get a taxi? Is it right when you get off the pier? Never been to Costa Maya, so not sure! We will be travelling with our almost seven-year old son, so your mini review sounded perfect for us!

Greetings All

I just booked today and asked the same ?'s that you did. The web site given on the previous thread has a live chat that will answer any of your ?'s. I booked the party and horseback riding.

The town is very small from what I understand you can walk it in 5 min. so you can do the party and the town. I first did the snorkel and party and the decided to cancel the snorkel as I am doing that everywhere else so I went for horseback riding

Archived