Celebrity Suite vs Sky Suite

GermanBoy1977

Hello,

we are currently booked in Sky Suite 6145 for our Caribbean cruise in January 2011 with the Millenium. We are thinking about switching to a Celebrity Suite, knowing it does not come with a balcony but much more space in the suite. Would anyone suggest switching is the right thing to do ? Does anyone have some pictures of the Celebrity Suites to help us with our decision ? Thank you all for helping out.

Greetings,

Michael

If the balcony doesn't matter to you then you will LOVE the Celebrity SUite. It's huge, private bedroom, dining area. The floor to ceiling windows are great. We loved it. Having said that-- for a one week cruise we would probably stick with the SS because we love the balcony too. We had the CS for an 11 nighter and appreciated the extra space on a longer cruise...we spend more time in cabin than others so perhaps that's why....we were on 6th floor CS which meant we only had to hop down a flight to get some outside air....

Either way I'm sure you'll enjoy!

Would love your thoughts on if you missed having a balcony for your Alaska cruise and if the sofa is a sofa bed (in other words, would this be a good suite for me to share w/ my mom?). Thanks for sharing!!

We have the CS for our 7 night cruise to Alaska this month. First time for us. I will post what we think and some pictures.

I posted a question re. SS1645 on Summit yesterday and received a lot of positive feedback. It has a large private balcony and a huge bathroom. I would think a balcony would be missed on a Carib. cruise (as opposed to an Alaskan cruise where you might not spend as much time outside anyway). The CS definitely wins in terms of space tho.

We chose a Celebrity Suite on the Constellation for a northern crossing from New York to the UK, and it was perfect. Because the weather was cool, we did not miss a balcony at all, and because the crossing was rough, it was the perfect location mid-ship. If I were taking a warm weather cruise, I probably would chose a balcony suite or stateroom, however. If I needed space, I might chose the Celebrity Suite. Keep in mind that entry to the bathroom is through the bedroom if you are planning more than two in the suite.

Archived