sale 2 weeks before a cruise sail date

tallnjkris

• 2 weeks later...

So the Early saver rates do not compete against the Pack'nGo rates.. My TA called Carnival and they declined to honor the drop :( Also the Pack'nGo are for guarantee category and I had a confirmed cabin and they are saying they are not the same so more so.

Any ideas?

So the Early saver rates do not compete against the Pack'nGo rates.. My TA called Carnival and they declined to honor the drop :( Also the Pack'nGo are for guarantee category and I had a confirmed cabin and they are saying they are not the same so more so.

Any ideas?

Early Saver (assigned Cabins) doesn't Price Match with Pack and Go (guarantee "TBA" Cabins). However, if the Guarantee Category (OV, BL, ST) above your ES Category drops below your ES rate, you can give-up your assigned cabin for a "TBA" cabin assignment in the higher Category and get credit/OBC for the difference. ken

thanks for the tips,,, but it it sells out before I book, I guess Im screwed. does Carnival have a 24 hold on their website? cuz I haven't see it in the booking part of their website
no. CCL doesn't have that option like RCCL.:rolleyes:

Early Saver (assigned Cabins) doesn't Price Match with Pack and Go (guarantee "TBA" Cabins). However, if the Guarantee Category (OV, BL, ST) above your ES Category drops below your ES rate, you can give-up your assigned cabin for a "TBA" cabin assignment in the higher Category and get credit/OBC for the difference. ken

Ken that was a very good explanation. I have never been able to understand who that worked. Thanks.

no. CCL doesn't have that option like RCCL.:rolleyes:

as recently as sept 09 they did have this option... you may need to call Carnival or a Travel Agent though to do that... my TA had put a room on hold for me to make sure it was in a location I wanted before charging my card, and after a lotta drama involving storms, the shore, and power outages, and thus being unable to get a hold of my TA, Carnival was wonderful and extended the hold on the room an extra 48 hours (aparently men really can't say no to a crying woman).

Archived