Victoria - Tim Horton's near pier?

We did it! We made it to Tim Hortons! The $7 r/t CVS (Cruise Victoria Shuttle) dropped us off on government street downtown so we walked a couple of blocks (in one of the most beautiful cities I've ever seen) and arrived at Tim Hortons safe and sound. I think the lady that worked there thought we were nuts...taking pictures and video...I don't think Tim's gets lots of tourists from Florida. Believe it or not, we didn't even have any coffee! Kids had bagels with cream cheese and hubby & I had a sandwich. I even got the last bowl of clam chowder for the day...it was yummy! My daughter saved everything including but not limited to the paper that lines the tray! (Don't worry, we didn't take any of the ceramic stuff) She wouldn't even use her straw so she could bring it home with the "Tim Horton's" wrapper still intact! I must say the restroom was disgusting, no toilet paper & no soap. I reported this to the cashier but I think by this time, she just thought I was plain crazy! So when we finally saw all we could see of this place, we toured the rest of the beautiful city of Victoria. My husband said he wants to move there! Seriously, I considered for 1/2 second, not getting off the ship. It was the last night of our cruise, everyone was pretty tired, I had to pack, etc...Boy am I glad we did! Thanks again for all of your help. It really was a fun little side trip for all of us but mostly of course, my daughter!

Well, I've spent the last 10 minutes trying to upload the pic of us outside Tim's but it just keeps telling me "file upload failed". I'm guessing my jpeg is too big or something? Darn, sorry.

Before you get too excited about living in Victoria; remember that

a) Houses cost at least 2x as much as Orlando

b) The last boat out of town leaves at 9pm (10pm summer); so trips to Vancouver/Seattle etc are almost always over nighters

That being said; it is a lovely place to live; having put in a little over 30 years there.

I hope that you enjoyed the Rotterdam too. I was on her last month & thought that she was a beautiful ship. Sailing into Victoria was a great experience, the best port of the cruise! I also thought that the coffee at the specialty coffee place on board, was MUCH better than Timmy's & a good price too. ;) :)

Graham.

While I am not a huge fan of Timmy's coffee, I will say that one of the home-runs they did hit was about 20 years ago when they were the first people, in Canada at least, that came up with a coffee mug that actually fit in a beverage holder.:)

Archived