Carnival Liberty Western Caribbean JUne 5th week.

stingray13

I just got back as well. Had a wonderful time, wasn't entirely pleased with Jamaica, but largely, because we didn't plan anything and at the last minute got one of the taxis that was "government authorized" in the pier area. Wild experience, not really ever interested in going to that craphole of a country again personally. We may give it another shot at some point, but not running out to book anything going there any time soon!

Everything else was wonderful with the cruise though.

Had a great time at the Chef's Table on Thursday as well. Not enough people signed up for the Tuesday one (in fact only 6 of us did), they cancelled it day of and moved us to Thursday - they had no signups for Thursday at that point, but it ended up filling up on Tuesday evening.

Steakhouse was awesome on Tuesday night in lieu of doing the Chef's table that night.

I heard one person had great success getting 8 RRs on board.

Also heard someone else put a couple handles of malibu in the bottom of a military sea bag and had no issues.

Also went to Nachi Cocom. While nice, to me it wasn't all paradise like folks on this board make it out to be.

Service was slow, most drinks we just had to go to the bar, Manuel our waiter might have dropped by 3-4 times in the entire day. It was even 10am cozumel time before they asked us if we wanted a drink - they open at 9am.

The women's bathroom had 2 toilets clogged most of the day, there was a strong smell of urine around most of the property.

That being said the food was great and the beers cold it just wasn't as good as people made it seem.

When we went to Nachi Cocum bar service was slow and was no big deal to walk over to the bar. Food was outstanding.

No issues with the toilets when we were there.

Going to Cozumel in October and tentatively that is where we will go.

Just back from a great week on the Carnival Liberty. Absolutely perfect weather and seas......Had a great time. will be happy to answer any questions....

We sail Liberty on July 30th.

-Who was your CD and how was he/she?

-Did you try the sushi?

Thank you!!

I want to know who the CD was and who the maitre'ds were...I need to know if Alex is back on the Liberty. He is one of the two maitre'ds and you wouldnt miss him--very tall, bald (well he was in 08), and oh so charming...

She is a lovely ship and I am happy to say I'll be on her in 97 days and leaving for Miami in 95!

I just got back as well. Had a wonderful time, wasn't entirely pleased with Jamaica, but largely, because we didn't plan anything and at the last minute got one of the taxis that was "government authorized" in the pier area. Wild experience, not really ever interested in going to that craphole of a country again personally. We may give it another shot at some point, but not running out to book anything going there any time soon!.

My husband wants the kids to do Dunn's River Falls. I'm a bit nerveous because a few years ago when my husband and I climbed the falls we were chased by an old man for not buying a polaroid pic he took of us and wanted us to buy. I would prefer to do shopping and the beach and get right back on the ship.

My husband wants the kids to do Dunn's River Falls. I'm a bit nerveous because a few years ago when my husband and I climbed the falls we were chased by an old man for not buying a polaroid pic he took of us and wanted us to buy. I would prefer to do shopping and the beach and get right back on the ship.

I concur with you. I'd never take kids out of Island Village there, if we got off the ship at all. People are overly aggressive to adults, and I've heard too many tales about them targeting kids/pulling them into their stalls/shops bc they know you'll come after them. NOOOOOOOo thanks. Plus the Falls weren't that great the first time around, let alone a second. Good luck!

I want to know who the CD was and who the maitre'ds were...I need to know if Alex is back on the Liberty. He is one of the two maitre'ds and you wouldnt miss him--very tall, bald (well he was in 08), and oh so charming...

She is a lovely ship and I am happy to say I'll be on her in 97 days and leaving for Miami in 95!

Butch Begovich was the CD but he said he was moving to the Dream - I believe in July.

Elvis and Omur were the maitre'ds - no Alex.

We did Dunns and the Bobsled at Mystic Mountain and the only time we had any problem was when someone put a turtle in my sons hand. He just said he didn't have any money and the guy took it back and didn't hassle him, but I heard lots if people talk about problems in in Jamaica. I was actually surprised that we weren't hassled more.

Overall was a great trip and perfect weather.

We had a great time on the Liberty the week of June 5th. The Captain was a hoot. Spent time talking to him and he really has a personality. Butch was great! He was everywhere all week. Once we were out on our balcony and looked up to the Bridge and there he was waving at us. Butch will leave in August and will be on the Dream after his brothers wedding mid-August. We are looking forward to seeing him again in Sept. Our Cabin stewards were the best ever. Elvis was at our table a couple of times every night. Our servers Anthony and Arturo (?spelling) were great as well. This trip exceeded our expectations in every way! The medical evacuation was handled very professionally. I do wish it could have been more timely.

Also went to Nachi Cocom. While nice, to me it wasn't all paradise like folks on this board make it out to be.

Service was slow, most drinks we just had to go to the bar, Manuel our waiter might have dropped by 3-4 times in the entire day. It was even 10am cozumel time before they asked us if we wanted a drink - they open at 9am.

The women's bathroom had 2 toilets clogged most of the day, there was a strong smell of urine around most of the property.

That being said the food was great and the beers cold it just wasn't as good as people made it seem.

Wow i am surprised to hear that after reading reviews on it....I always go to Playa Mia and have had nothing but superb service.....my waiter brought a table to me poolside when i got off the beach and had a backup drink at all times on that table...mind you i was in the pool. The only thing i didn't like about Playa Mia is that the water trampolines and iceberg was really far out and i couldn't even make it to the iceberg. My wife always had 2 or 3 margaritas always at her side and i had Coronas and shots of tequilla by me....my waiter was awesome. Still i probably will try Nachi Cocom next time i go there.

This was our 2nd cruise on the Liberty. did eastern last year. Had Butch 2 yrs as the cruise director and he actually is very good,lots of energy and funny. He really seems to be enjoying his job...

We did Nachi Cocum and enjoyed it. Had Carlos as our waiter and he was excellent!!!!!! GREAT service,he was right on top of everything making sure we had drinks and everything we needed....... was very hot that day so decided to go up and have lunch under the shaded bar area.Carlos met us up there and took very good care of us.... nice quiet beach,relaxing..... was nice to have some quiet time but if you want music and activities you may not like it. pretty though......

Jamaica decided when on the ship to do the carival run excursion to the Bamboo Beach club. was a pleasant surprise.... nice pretty beach, you have your own 2 guides that take you on the bus,talk about Jamaica and then they are with your bus grup for the day. they brought trays of drinks around all day as well as lunch...... music{DJ} all day and in between had some jamaican music and dancers...... day was too short there though, 9-1pm then went back and walked around Island Village and went to Margaritaville. People outside of island village yes pushy about selling there goods..... inside island village in the shops it was fine..... glad we did the organized beach trip though.....

Wow i am surprised to hear that after reading reviews on it....I always go to Playa Mia and have had nothing but superb service.....my waiter brought a table to me poolside when i got off the beach and had a backup drink at all times on that table...mind you i was in the pool. The only thing i didn't like about Playa Mia is that the water trampolines and iceberg was really far out and i couldn't even make it to the iceberg. My wife always had 2 or 3 margaritas always at her side and i had Coronas and shots of tequilla by me....my waiter was awesome. Still i probably will try Nachi Cocom next time i go there.

I liked Playa Mia as well. We were there last October. Waiter seemed to know when we were ready for another drink. We never had to wait long. The washrooms were clean and in good working order. There was a lady near the door who was constantly mopping the floor and cleaning the bathrooms. We liked the swimming area, but I must admit the trampoline and iceberg did seem far away. We didnt try to go there. The food was not bad either. Some day though I have to try Nachi Cocum just to compare.:)

• 2 weeks later...

How old are your kids? There is a roll call for the July 31 cruise on the Liberty. You should check it out. We have 2 families going with kids 15 and 13. Our plan is to take a cab to Dunn River Falls because I am the only one in the group who has been there before. Then, we are planning to come back to Margaritaville. Now, I'm feeling nervous about the cab ride, but all of the excursions include something besides Dunn River Falls and that's not what we want.

How old are your kids? There is a roll call for the July 31 cruise on the Liberty. You should check it out. We have 2 families going with kids 15 and 13. Our plan is to take a cab to Dunn River Falls because I am the only one in the group who has been there before. Then, we are planning to come back to Margaritaville. Now, I'm feeling nervous about the cab ride, but all of the excursions include something besides Dunn River Falls and that's not what we want.

It's actually my 17yr old DS and his girlfriend; she is just like my kid!! We are introducing her to cruising. :)

I'll check out the roll call....thank you!!!

Archived