11:44am or 1:51pm

aussieonwater

I need help deciding whether to take a 11:44am flight or a 1:51pm flight Miami to JFK when we disembark the Valor on April 17. I know 11:44 is risky as we can't self-disembark but do you think there is a chance ??

I'd much prefer to take the 11:44 flight....

I'm looking for reasurance - anyone game to offer any ?? :confused:

I need help deciding whether to take a 11:44am flight or a 1:51pm flight Miami to JFK when we disembark the Valor on April 17. I know 11:44 is risky as we can't self-disembark but do you think there is a chance ??

I'd much prefer to take the 11:44 flight....

I'm looking for reasurance - anyone game to offer any ?? :confused:

I originally had an 1140 and the airline rolled it back to 1120. called and they finally, after talking to a supe shifted to a 130pm Take the

151. Avoid the stress - besides, how could you avoid a flight time synonomous with stronger rum?

When I cruised the Paradise last year, we were the very last ones to disembark the ship and we were still at the airport by 10 am. You could always book the later flight and then try to get bumped to the earlier. Or just take and excursion with Carnival in Miami!

Food for thought -- if customs has a problem and doesn't clear the ship, you could be sitting for a while.

Our last cruise was last Thanksgiving. We booked our air through RCI -- they had us on an 11:55 a.m. flight out of Miami -- I was not happy (will be booking my own air from now on).

It's bad enough your vacation is over, but to have to scramble and rush doesn't do it for me. It made the last day a very stressful day and myself and my DH and 2 DDs were very cranky.

Take the later flight - you'll be happy you did.

I must agree, a later flight will ease your mind when coming back from a relaxing cruise. Nothing is worse then coming back from a vacation and running into trouble/delays on your way back, especially when you could have avoided them with planning extra time.

Although a proponent of early flights...I always schedule mine between 11 and 12...I agree you should take the later flight. Time difference isn't significant enough to warrant the booking of the early flight plus you can leisurely leave the ship...be the last off if you choose.

However...If the later flight means an extra connection, resulting in a longer trip home....I would then seriously consider the 11:44. I would say you would have a 90+% chance of making that flight... Have never come close to missing my flights (past 14 cruises between 11 and 12) out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale

I'm sure if you book the earlier flight, you can make arrangements to leave the ship on the early side. When we were on the Glory, we had a 3:30pm flight and didn't worry, as it turned out, we didn't get off the ship, get our luggage and head for the airport before 12:30. EEEEks if we were leaving on an earlier flight, it would have been a dreadful end to a great vacation.

Archived