Starwood or Marriott property with shuttles for both airport and Celebrity pier?

John73

Can anyone recommend a Starwood or Marriott property that has a free shuttle both for the airport and for the cruise dropoff? Looking to limit to these for now as I have mid-tier status on both and wouldn't mind taking advantage of any perks.

Am I asking for too much hoping that some place would have both shuttles complimentary?

no full service marriott brands have shuttles, just the limited service ones: the springhill, fairfield and courtyard by the airport... though they tend to pack the shuttles to the pier, you'd be better off with a cab.

i don't think any *wood have shuttles to the pier and only the sheraton by the airport has an airport shuttle.

you're really limiting yourself to having free shuttles...cab fare from the airport to the 17th street/beach/las olas area would be under $25 and to the pier, about 10-15 depending where you are.....(give or take 5 bucks either way)

I have stayed in the Renaissance CY by the beach, CY airport, SHS airport and i have been IN the Harbor beach marriott and the beach place towers (which IMO is too full of people and the staff was rather rude on the 2 occasions i was there...as a platinum premier with marriott i expected a little less attitude..)

had to scrape for an upgrade at the CY beach, but they were going to hook up someone who got the room on PL...sheesh...i got my upgrade though!

the staff at harbor beach was wonderful when i went on a tour, i would go back and stay in a heartbeat.

The CY at the airport was fine but there is NOTHING there...

Can't remember much about the SHS but the breakfast gets PACKED......

The Ren was OK....it's been redone, some staff is super nice, some is super NOT....and the food is lousy and expensive...the Concierge lounge is not open on weekends, and it was OK...there was, however, one super bartender named Michele in the bar...not sure if she's still there but she can make like 100 kinds of martinis....

HTH (stay in many marriott brands much do i??? LOLOL)

Thanks for the info. I think I'll remove the free shuttle from my requirements and just look for a good hotel with <$20 service to the port. I'm now considering the W in Ft Lauderdale even though they don't include any shuttles in their cost. I have a res on hold through Renaissance for only $105 but may chance that to get a better property.

*wood tends to be a little more free with upgrades than marriott as well...i know when i was SPG Plat or whatever last year, i scored better rooms than as a PP with 16+ years at marriott (though i basically kept my marriott status and have been very nicely upgraded of late.....for a change!):D:o;)

I'm SPG Gold and if I were going pre or post cruise from Ft Laud or Miami, I would rather Priceline rooms because of the value for the dollar spent. Save the points, unless you'll be here in S. FL for awhile to actually enjoy the SPG properties here.

If you insist on using points/status/whatever with SPG, just take a room at the Sheraton Airport and pay the few $ per person to take their Port shuttle (yes, they have it, I've seen it in the port).

This has been a very helpful thread. I think I will just go the Priceline route and open up my search to all properties in the area close to the cruise terminals.

Is there a thread noting the specific attributes I should search for on Priceline for the best bang for the buck offers?

This has been a very helpful thread. I think I will just go the Priceline route and open up my search to all properties in the area close to the cruise terminals.

Is there a thread noting the specific attributes I should search for on Priceline for the best bang for the buck offers?

me thinks it is a STICKY at the top of this board perhaps...not a big PL user, i value my points and nights waaayyyyy too much! ;)

Archived