Aft Q3 suites Queen Victoria

cruzadict

For an upcoming cruise on the QV we have a choice of an aft Q3 (8166) or a midship on deck 6 ((6106). Has anyone stayed in either of these suites and do the aft suites have a glass screen so that you can view the sea when sitting down. I know some ships have solid screens on their aft suites.

We had a Q3 midship on deck six in 2008 for a 14 night cruise up the Baltic - cannot remember the exact number.

At the time and even now, we were dissappointed with our cabin - please search for a post to which I contributed called 'QV Q3' suites from July 2008. However once over our initial reaction we did not let it spoil our holiday.

Our main dissappointment related to what we had paid for our Q3 and what my sisters had paid for a Q6 cabin (think that these are in the process of being rebranded as Q4's). Our midship Q3 cabins was very, very similar to layout to the Q6 cabin and at the time was nothing like the Q3 layout in the brochure or the virtual tour on the Cunard website.

What ever you decide - enjoy!

We had a Q5 on deck 8 a few weeks ago, which I think is next to the Q3 suite and the balcony was glass and very large and yes, you get a wonderful view astern from within the cabin. But it's a long walk to the theatre and we never did make it to the Commodore Club!

We were in 8163. The only noise that I remember was at sailaway - we could hear the band but not particularly loudly. The balcony was mostly sheltered from what I remember so whether or not you get sun depends on which way you are facing and the time of day. The same goes for wind. We had quite poor weather so probably half the voyage was suitable for sitting out on the balcony, but when it was it was too cold on our balcony it was even colder on the deck above the grills!

I'm sure that you will love it.

Archived