Soap question

JackieH

This may sound like an odd question, but do any of you bring your own liquid hand soap for the bathroom? No, I am not bashing soap on Carnival. I just prefer the liquid pump soap for washing hands. I pick up a bottle at the dollar store, pack in regular suitecase, and then just leave it when done.

Am I the only odd person who does this???

I don't bring my own liquid hand soap, but I do bring my own shower gel because the brand that Carnival uses dries out my skin.

I say as long as it doesn't put your suitcase over the weight limit, bring whatever you want! :cool:

I don't bring soap but I bring my own shampoo, shower gel, toothpaste, Listerine, lotion, sunblock, and hand sanitizer. I've always asked my cabin attendant if they wanted it prior to leaving the ship and they've taken it both times. They said if they can't use it, one of their friends surely can! I'm happy because it's less stuff to try and pack for the trip home.

I don't bring soap but I bring my own shampoo, shower gel, toothpaste, Listerine, lotion, sunblock, and hand sanitizer. I've always asked my cabin attendant if they wanted it prior to leaving the ship and they've taken it both times. They said if they can't use it, one of their friends surely can! I'm happy because it's less stuff to try and pack for the trip home.

Now that I think about it, I suppose it is no big deal, since we all bring (well Im sure there are plenty of us)who bring their own shampoo, toothpaste etc.. with us on vacation.

I always leave the stuff there too, I had read many of the cabin attendants can put it to good use or pass it on.

I just dont like washing my hands with the bar soap, seems to make a mess. Every vacation we go on, I always buy hand soap for the bathroom, whether at a hotel or on a cruise.

I plan on bringing bar soap for the shower since I don't care for body wash, and from what I've read Carnival doesn't supply bar soap for the shower.

Carnival has given us at least 2 bars of hand soap except for once. You will have a bar for the sink and a bar for the shower. The shower is so close to the sink, worse comes to worse, you can reach out and grab it from the sink.

I bet that once we only got one bar was a mistake, that cabin steward was pretty lame in other ways.

I am packing my own shampoo and shower gel as I don’t like the mess that the bar of soap makes.

Also- when we sailed on Ecstasy several years ago, I don’t recall a place where to put your soap, I recall having to place it on the floor. So it was all soft and gooey after a couple of days of being on the floor of the shower stall.

But thanks for giving me the idea of packing liquid hand soap! This will also solve the problem of having that mess on the sink as well.

This may sound like an odd question, but do any of you bring your own liquid hand soap for the bathroom? No, I am not bashing soap on Carnival. I just prefer the liquid pump soap for washing hands. I pick up a bottle at the dollar store, pack in regular suitecase, and then just leave it when done.

Am I the only odd person who does this???

We have done this after our first cruise :) I don't like using bar soap to wash my hands and I don't like showering with liquid soap. Now we bring a bottle of liquid soap and when it runs out sometime around day 5 I add some of the liquid soap from the shower dispenser to get us through the rest of the cruise. I take the bar of soap they leave on the sink and put it in the shower to use there. It must be pretty common since all of our room stewards have said they have alot of people that do that. :)

WE always bring hand soap-pump bottle, as well as Body wash etc..When I leave I do not take with us, I ask if the Steward wants it and they do take it. I but stuff from Bath n Body works and they have small sizes too...I throw away any open bottles, toothbrushes, and misc when we leave the ship, not taking anymore germs home then I need too...

Archived