Magic is going to................

Legend

Not to hijack the thread but won't the TA be cold that time of year...I mean atleast out of Europe and across the Atlantic?

I would love to do a TA but I think I would only do it in the summer...

Iv never even seen a TA during the summer. I dont know why they move ships in the spring and fall, but there you have it ...all cruiselines seem to do it those two times. I have several friends who managed to get one way tickets for a TA both directions, spring and fall, two different cruiselines ....but yep, as spencer says it spring and fall... not just carnival.

Iv never even seen a TA during the summer. I dont know why they move ships in the spring and fall, but there you have it...

They move ships across the Atlantic in spring and fall because winter is the big Caribbean cruise season and summer is the big Europe cruise season. The ships go where the money is.

I'm thinking Enchanted Isle

Princess has also sailed from New Orleans. Holland America has. There used to be Riverboat cruises.

New Orleans is also occasional a port stop for other cruise lines.

I think you may be correct. Thank you!

Ashley :)

the car sounds nice....

I thought that HR was referring to Bathroom #549

Come on people......does noone besides Allen know what BR-549 is?......lol

My PVP is still sure its Galveston. She agrees with our assesment, that they pulled it because there has never ever been a TA with only 4 ports in 16 days, that they are probably adding ports (I told her what John posted, about fewer sea days than originally released).

They dont know any more than we do, and going by the same clues we see ....they dont tell the PVPs because they know it would leak.

100% correct!:D

lol, someone else posted it took 45 minutes of voting to move the vote by one percentage point ...:rolleyes:

Im sure Carnival would go by that vote in making their decision.

Really?,,,,,,,na...the just did that to get a feel but they will decide from crunching numbers and negociating port contracts.

I hope everyone realizes that in some posts you are using TA to refer to travel agents and in other posts you are using TA to refer to trans Atlantic.

I have no idea what you do if a TA is on a TA.

Iv never even seen a TA during the summer. I dont know why they move ships in the spring and fall, but there you have it ...all cruiselines seem to do it those two times. I have several friends who managed to get one way tickets for a TA both directions, spring and fall, two different cruiselines ....but yep, as spencer says it spring and fall... not just carnival.

There are 6 TAs in July 10 TAs in August and 15 TAs in September.

But yes, repositioning cruises are done in spring and fall.

Sorry to hijack - but, do you happen to know the name of the Commodore Cruise Lines ship that was sailing out of NO in 1996? That was my first cruise and for the life of me I can't remember the ship's name!!! I think it had "Princess" in it somewhere.

Thanks,

Ashley :)

I think in '96 it was the Enchanted Seas. They also had the Enchanted Isle but I think that one started later in the 1990's.

Come on people......does noone besides Allen know what BR-549 is?......lol

I'm telling my age here, but on the old tv show "HeeHaw", Junior Samples was a car salesman in one of the skits. And "BR-549" was the phone number to call Junior Samples. :D

Now, Randy, spill the beans....give us your info!! :p

Speaking of genes...I am doing some ancestry research online...I'll probably find out that I'm related to someone here on CC before I find out where the Magics going :eek:

I know, I Know.....Galveston :(

Love ancestry and I think you are correct - hey maybe we are realted??

BTY: I was told by my CVS months ago that Magic was going to Galveston - so I guess I'll see if he's right - well maybe - if they ever make the announcement.

Isnt BR-549 some call signal or something from the Andy Griffith Show or something like that? Hang on, I'll google it. brb

Ok, it is a Hee Haw thing from Junior Samples. I was wrong. I used to watch that show when I was little. Nice.

The TA's are in the spring and fall because they go to Europe for the summer and return after the summer. Europe is not warm enough ( most times ) for cruising before April/May and after Oct/Nov.

The one TA we took left Fort Lauderdale in April 2008 and arrived in Europe May 1 ( last port ). We were lucky as it was warm in all our ports in late April and we had smooth seas crossing the Atlantic. When I was doing my research, I had asked if it was better to go across or return in the fall. All the replies were mixed. Every crossing is different as the weather is unpredictable.

We are looking to do one coming back from Europe as it would be nice to have the relaxing sea days at the end.:)

I need a break from this *(&(*#$ thread. It's just making me mad that they're dragging their feet for so long. We're under 15 months here before Galveston schedules run out, some people like to plan vacations farther out than that! :mad:

I agree! There really is no excuse to keep their customers dangling like this. We too plan our trips way in advance. My dh has to submit by Nov his requested vacation for the following year. And today would have been a great day to announce it. It is Friday which gives the weekend for families to discuss their plans. Someone in Suitville isnt thinking straight!:rolleyes:

Forget to mention that the same CVS told me there was talk of moving Conquest to San Diego and switching out the Ecstacy for another ship - but I can't fo rthe life of me remember which one he said - could have been the Truimph.

Keeping fingers crossed.

Forget to mention that the same CVS told me there was talk of moving Conquest to San Diego and switching out the Ecstacy for another ship - but I can't fo rthe life of me remember which one he said - could have been the Truimph.

Keeping fingers crossed.

Right now everyone thinks the Triumph is going to replace the Ecstasy.

Keeping fingers crossed.

Neither the Conquest or the Triumph is going to go to California before 2014.

Isnt BR-549 some call signal or something from the Andy Griffith Show or something like that? Hang on, I'll google it. brb

Ok, it is a Hee Haw thing from Junior Samples. I was wrong. I used to watch that show when I was little. Nice.

One of the skits had Junior Samples in overalls and no shirt selling used cars. After his spiel was over, he would tell people to call him at... and he had trouble remembering the phone number.... so he held up a piece of cardboard which had BR-549 printed on it. There's an alternative roots rock band named BR-549 also.

I'm telling my age here, but on the old tv show "HeeHaw", Junior Samples was a car salesman in one of the skits. And "BR-549" was the phone number to call Junior Samples. :D

Now, Randy, spill the beans....give us your info!! :p

Obviously, I didn't read all the posts before I responded. :D

It seems like Cunard has trans-Atlantics back and forth pretty much all summer long.

Archived