Magic is going to................

Legend

Talked to my PVP today, and she said, "Yes, Magic is definitely coming to Galveston." I told her about other changes that had been mentioned here....Conquest to NOLA, Triumph to Galveston, etc. She said she had not heard of any of that, but that the Magic will be in Galveston.

Its true... either they should say "we know it was released early and its true" or they should say "what was released may be changed in the future, so we're sorry about the premature information..."

Carnival should say something at this point...

Carnival did say something. Carnival said, "Oops!".

someone just posted to the sticky on top about Galveston ... that they just got off Spirit and Magic is going to Galveston and Conquest to New Orleans. It was confirmed.

Gee, wish I had said that. :)

Talked to my PVP today, and she said, "Yes, Magic is definitely coming to Galveston." I told her about other changes that had been mentioned here....Conquest to NOLA, Triumph to Galveston, etc. She said she had not heard of any of that, but that the Magic will be in Galveston.

Yes, your PVP is correct. Magic is coming to Galveston on November 14, 2011 as everybody has already stated. But the questions is: Where will it's home port be? Will it stay in Galveston or leave on 11-14-11 to another port?

Nope, we stayed at Hotel dei Consoli in Rome - it was great!

O.k., thanks. We met some nice people from New Orleans at JFK airport before our flight to Rome and they also stayed at the Hotel Triaino. Just making sure it wasn't you!

Marty

Yes, your PVP is correct. Magic is coming to Galveston on November 14, 2011 as everybody has already stated. But the questions is: Where will it's home port be? Will it stay in Galveston or leave on 11-14-11 to another port?

I can't remember her exact words, but I told her to let me know as soon as I can book the Magic out of Galveston, and she said she would. She INDICATED that it would remain in Galveston, talked about the fact that Galveston has been a good port for Carnival, and that Magic would do well there. And when I mentioned the possibility of it making a 9 day to Aruba, she said "Yes, that is a good possibility." Now, whether she was speculating or 'knows something', I can't say. Based on what she said, I am confident that Galveston will become Magic's home port in Nov. 2011.

Without revealing anything specific......I can say, even though you put a lot of thought in this Tally.....it's not correct ;)

The Magic and Triumph will be in Galveston and the Conquest and Ecstasy will be in New Orleans.

I didn't expect it to be 100% correct but I'll bet it's at least 90% correct. :)

Right. 90% of the ship is going to one port and 10% of the ship is going to a different port.

The Magic and Triumph will be in Galveston. The Conquest and Ecstasy will be in New Orleans.

I can't remember her exact words, but I told her to let me know as soon as I can book the Magic out of Galveston, and she said she would. She INDICATED that it would remain in Galveston, talked about the fact that Galveston has been a good port for Carnival, and that Magic would do well there. And when I mentioned the possibility of it making a 9 day to Aruba, she said "Yes, that is a good possibility." Now, whether she was speculating or 'knows something', I can't say. Based on what she said, I am confident that Galveston will become Magic's home port in Nov.

My TA said that the Conquest was coming to N.O. in 2011. And the Magic will go to Galveston.

Hmmm... a clue? {not much of one}

from John Who's blog

"I have never figured this out. We provide the same service, the same fun, the same high quality food and yet there are some………ummmm……..grumpy people on board. Now obviously we have to do something about this especially as it looks like I may be the Cruise Director on your Carnival Magic’s trans-Atlantic voyage and I want to get it right. We do our best to provide extra activities for those 5 back to back days at sea and yet personally and quite honestly, I dread them because I know that regardless of what we do…………..some guests won’t be happy."

so far the schedules posted have 6 sea days...

Yes, but only five of them are back to back.

One Christmas day' date=' I was on my way to my parents' house with my wife and 6-month-old son and stopped because a moose was in the road in front of me. I got rear-ended by a drunk who "didn't see" me and it took over six months to get my car fixed and back and they didn't have loaners. Fortunately, Fairbanks was small enough to where you could walk almost anywhere, but still......[/quote']

Sounds like it was the moose's fault.

Galveston & New Orleans at the poker table;

Galveston to New Orleans; "we'll see your Conquest class ship (Conquest for an almost Conquest-class Triumph) and raise you one Dream-class ship (Magic)".

New Orleans looks and sees all it has is one Fantasy-class ship (Ecstasy) and says; "we fold".

:p:D

Marty

P.S. just teasin our cousins over in NOLA! I love NOLA and it is close enough to Houston to be another drive-to cruise port. I'll have to drop in to sail on "my Ecstasy"!!

Just remember, if the Ecstasy and Conquest come to New Orleans and if the Triumph goes to Galveston, they can not go straight there or even go to Cozumel, Belize or Roatan first due to the Jones Act.

They would have to visit a far-away port first and no Central American port is classified as a far-away port, so this means they would have to go to a port like Aruba first before going to their future home port.

So if they do change ports, we will have some one-time new itineraries that might be very interesting to book. So save a place on your schedule for these repositioning cruises in September, October and November 2011. :)

Archived