Rome-Taxi Airport Transfers

smithmlmx

Has anyone ever used this company? Have booked a taxi f(E class Mercedes) rom Civitavecchia to the airport on their website. They tell me they will be in contact by e-mail a few days beforehand with local phone number. Currently have no phone no or address - just an e-mail confirmation. Concerned that they don't show up and we miss our flight back to Canada.

Do you have a web site? Also, be sure to call or e-mail them the day before you need them to confirm. I always do so with all the transfer companies I hire. You don't want to be stuck at the pier. I used RomeCabs last year. In a driving rain they were on time and got me to the airport with no problems. They are not the cheapest around, but reliable. Just be careful of cheap, fly by night companies. I would use caution with a company with no address or phone on their web site.

Edited by Fblack

I looked them up on the web site and used their fare instant quote. A 6:30AM pickup at the pier to FCO will cost 137 Euros. I paid 130 with Stefano at RomeCabs and if you look around on this board you will find other well know companies charge 120 Euros+/-. That was last year. Maybe they all raised rates.

• 3 years later...

There are 8 of us (4 couples) travelling together.

We are arriving in Rome on 27 May 2014 and after 2 days in Rome, we leave on a 22 day HAL cruise. My questions are:

If we book private shuttles for the 8 of us for Fiumicino/Rome and Rome/Civitavecchia, will there be room for our luggage as well?

Keeping in mind that our total travels are over a month so we will have at least 1 large suitcase each.

I have researched a few companies. What are the recommendations?

Thanks!

Just look down the Italy board. There are MANY recommendations, including a huge thread for the wonderful Rome in Limo.

When you set up the transfer, and tell them the number of people, say you have a lot of luggage. Space won't be a problem.