First time cruiser, thinking of Seabourn Pride!

Pennyfarthing

We've never been on a cruise before and have found a great deal on the Seabourn Pride for 12 Nights. We sail from Kobe to Shanghai.

Has anyone experienced this, was it worth it? Have you any tips?

appreciate any feedback.

Penny

Hi Penny,

Can't give you first hand information but my TA just did her first trip with Seabourn in May and said it was "fabulous". Her trip was Kobe to Beijing. The evening entertainment wasn't huge as it can be on the bigger ships though they did go dancing after dinner.

She enjoyed being pampered and just being able to totally relax.

My one concern is she said the food was wonderful and she put on about four kilos. Now that's ok for Chris as she is little, but I need to lose ten kilos as it is before my trip in December.

Regards, Julie

Penny, welcome to Cruise Critic and congratulations on booking a cruise on the Pride.

my wife and I have sailed on the Seabourn Pride multiple times and greatly enjoyed the experience. Since the ship only carries a maximum of 200 passengers it provides a very unique experience.

There is a board on Cruise Critic that is specific to Seabourn. Here is the URL to make it easy for you to find the board. You may want to post on that board with questions you have specific to Seabourn also you will find a wealth of information on that board about Seabourn and the Seabourn Pride.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130

Keith

My very first cruise last year was on Seabourn Spirit. I believe it's a similar ship to the pride. Held 206 passengers maximum. All rooms are great, in my opinion. I didn't feel like I was in a tiny room like I thought I would. The oceanview cabin was great (the window is very large) and actually we made out better with an oceanview than our fellow travelers down the hall with balconies. One night we hit really rough seas, and some of the balcony rooms let in water...just something to think about. They were VERY equipped to deal with the issues, however, and most people weren't terribly inconvenienced.

As for your experience on the boat...everything is included. Anything you can think of. And they don't expect any tips.

I can't speak to the crowds on Seabourn, as we were on one that was privately chartered, so the people were all associated. I've heard it's an older crowd, however.

The staff was always friendly and attentive and the room service was great.

If you have any questions regarding my experience on the Seabourn Spirit, feel free to email me at ariawomanATgmail.com

Hope you have fun!

Archived