Departure flight - Vancouver

Mary Ellen

I just received an e-mail that our 1pm flight from Vancouver after our cruise has been changed to 11:35am. This seems just a little TOO early for comfort for me. We're planning on using LimoJet rather than ship's transfers or taxi. Any opinions/experience???

That was my thought. I don't remember exactly how long it took last time, but it was a while - with getting to the airport, checking in, paying YVR departure tax, US Immigration, Customs..... Plus our cruise ends on a Wednesday, so IF we're first off the ship we're dealing with Vancouver rush hour. :eek: :eek: :eek:

It's close, but you could make it. We took our time getting off the ship in Vancouver, and were still at our hotel a little after 9am. Our ship also offered passengers the option of checking into their flights onboard, and not dealing with luggage or check-in at the airport - they even did US Customs on the ship, then used ship's transfer to airport. So, as long your ship's not late getting in, you could be fine.

I just received an e-mail that our 1pm flight from Vancouver after our cruise has been changed to 11:35am. This seems just a little TOO early for comfort for me. We're planning on using LimoJet rather than ship's transfers or taxi. Any opinions/experience???

Hi, Mary Ellen!

I think this is going to be tough. I presume this is independently arranged air. The private transport to the airport is great, but the real challenge will be disembarkation, luggage retrieval, and clearing Canadian Immigration and Customs. Then there is airport check-in (other ships are also probably arriving and that will swell the number of passengers), and clearance of U.S. Customs and Immigration at the Vancouver Airport.

If there is a mid-afternoon flight option I would take it. The last thing you want to do after a great vacation is to be trying to get out on standby.

Have a great cruise!

in my humble opinion--no you will not make it. getting off the ship, collecting luggage and getting to the airport will take time. and the security, immigration and finding your gate at yvr is a nightmare and there are very long lines if there are many ships getting in that day and passengers trying to get home on flights. i would try to get a later flight, around 2pm for peace of mind. of course others will tell you that you might make it, but i would not try for a departure at this time.

Archived