Amsterdam

I have a 5 hour layover here. I'm Dutch and have always wanted to visit so I just won't be able to sit in the airport knowing there is stuff out there to do and see!

Can anyone recommend a tour operator who could pick me up at the airport and drop me back off. Obviously I won't have the full 5 hours so I'm hoping I can get some type of a highlights tour for a couple of hours.

Or, would it be feasible to take public transportation and do my own walking tour?

Thanks in advance!

There is frequent train service to Central station in AMS. Easy enough. You can also get over to Haarlem, but much further out gets dodgy with need to get back to the airport and allowances for "stuff".

There are about 4-6 trains each hour from the airport to Amsterdam-Centraal Station. Traveltime about 20 minutes.

In front of CS various canaltours are offered, nice way to see the town. Those canaltours last about 1 hour.

Amsteram is an easy town to walk around.

Maps and informatrion available at the tourist-office, the white wooden building also in front of CS.

Depending on your destination be back at the airpot in time, becaUse of security-checks.

Archived