Grand Turk Ultimate Snorkeling

WillieD13

We are cruising to Grand Turk in a couple weeks, and have signed up for the Ultimate Snorkeling excursion, which I've read it very good. The description says they provide mask, snorkel, and fins, however I've also been told that the snorkels provided are really inexpensive ($1.99 specials), i.e. no flex tube, no purge valve, no anti splash top. I am also wondering about using a mask and fins that have been on who knows how many other faces/feet. Do these excursions have any objections to people using their own equipment? :confused:

I always take my own snorkel, mask and vest. I have taken many snorkelling excursions and no one ever said anything. If you enjoy snorkelling, you might as well buy a good mask and snorkel that fits your face.

• 2 weeks later...

I take my own mask and snorkel as well and use the flippers they supply wherever we go. In a give shop they make sure the mask fits so that you will not be plagued by water coming into the mask. A devent mask and snorkel cost $75. +/- but it will insure enjoyment and hopefully you will use it many times afterwards.

Archived