What is the mystery dinner theater?

I have a booking on Freedom of the seas November 2011 and curious to know if they have the mystery dinner program and exactly what is it? and is it worth it

All of the information is easily searchable on the royal Caribbean website http://www.rccl.com. A lot of good, pertinent info can be found there. ;)

The Mystery Dinner Theater is available on all ships with a Portofino restaurant with an itinerary of 7 nights or more. "Join our cast of characters for a night of mystery, intrigue and lots of laughs. Our professional cast will host an evening of theater where you are the detectives. Solve the crime in Portofino, our gourmet Italian specialty restaurant, over an exquisite four-course dinner paired with fine wine and fun for all".

Personally, we've been and I don't think that is is worth the money. :eek:

Personally, we've been and I don't think that is is worth the money. :eek:

How much was it when you went? We did it in '07 and it cost $50 PP. We absolutely loved it. Not as neat or fun as Agatha's but still good food and a fun time for us.

How much was it when you went? We did it in '07 and it cost $50 PP. We absolutely loved it. Not as neat or fun as Agatha's but still good food and a fun time for us.

We paid the same price. We were extremely disappointed in the cheesy, amateurish performance by the Royal Caribbean singers and dancers who were the cast. We also dined from a VERY limited Poirtofino menu. We normally eat in Portofino at least once on every cruise, and missed being able to order our favorites from the regular menu. Neither of us are big drinkers and Champagne gives me heartburn so we didn't have any, although, we did each have one cocktail prior to dinner and a glass of wine with dinner. The total cost of $100.00 per couple far exceeded the cost of a great dinner in Portofino, even with a few glasses of wine.

By the way, I won the prize (2 so-so bottles of wine) by correctly guessing who the murderer was.

Archived