Magic - How far in advance to book?

mrsg26

How far in advance do you all book? We have decided on Carnival Magic Med Cruise on 3rd July 2011 and the prices out just now are fantastic - works out to be £550 each!!!!! ($797.5) Unfortunately the only problem is I work in a bank and our holiday schedule will not go round until Oct time so another 4 months of waiting!!!! Although i reckon that the prices will no doubt be much higher then!! Spoke to my TA today and he has said that they have not had anyone book the Magic yet and they have only had a few press releases so they prob wont start promoting it til middle/end of summer. Do you think that this ship will get booked up really fast?

I hear no matter what rate you book, your deposits are non refundable. I would wait too if you cant book a rate and get your deposit back.

Hopefully, Magic will release the rest of the year's schedule soon ...maybe then Carnival will promote it more.

Thanks - our deposit would be £460 so i guess it is almost 1 full adult price - i will see if can get the dates at work just now but i already got full month off at Xmas to go to Australia dont want there to be a backlash with the rest of staff!! Will hang off for now and hope we still get it booked later in the year.

I booked back in Jan. for Oct. of next year-can't book too soon, if you ask me! (Prices do go up:eek:) Check out the Roll Calls for Magic-you'd be surprised how many have booked already......I did not book Early Saver, so I should get my deposit back, if I needed to cancel.....

I booked back in Jan. for Oct. of next year-can't book too soon, if you ask me! (Prices do go up:eek:) Check out the Roll Calls for Magic-you'd be surprised how many have booked already......I did not book Early Saver, so I should get my deposit back, if I needed to cancel.....

You dont like in the UK, that's why I stated about hearing if you book in the UK your deposit might not be refundable. I know with RCL cruises we in the U.S. get ours back but not for UK. I havent heard much about people in the UK booking Carnival much.

OP check with the TAs over there, and dont book unless deposits are refundable if you arent sure.

You dont like in the UK, that's why I stated about hearing if you book in the UK your deposit might not be refundable. I know with RCL cruises we in the U.S. get ours back but not for UK. I havent heard much about people in the UK booking Carnival much.

OP check with the TAs over there, and dont book unless deposits are refundable if you arent sure.

Thanks, Fire-I didn't know that about the UK and deposits.......(how's your gas prices at the pumps over Texas way? Ours are down to $2.49 at some of the stations)

Thanks, Fire-I didn't know that about the UK and deposits.......(how's your gas prices at the pumps over Texas way? Ours are down to $2.49 at some of the stations)

I think I finally saw one at $2.49 yesterday. ... thank goodness. Seems like the prices go up a lot faster than they go down.

Archived