Bringing food back on board from Saint John

I noticed that there were some shops in City Market that had meats and cheese and other food items for sale.

Will I be able to purchase sausages and jerky and cheeses and bring them back on board to bring home? I know we are not supposed to bring food off the ship, but I have never tried to bring it on and was wondering if it was even allowed.

Thanks.:)

We have done it in other ports. Not sure about St John, but don't see why not if it's sealed.

I know when you end the cruise and you have fresh flowers you have to go through a special customs line, but we have brought flowers onboard from Pikes Market in Seattle.

Bringing the food onto the ship would not be a problem from a Canadian or the ships view. If you are not consumming it on the ship then you have to be careful taking it off at the end of the cruise. Packaged (sealed) food is usually not a problem. Lots of people buy rum cake in the Caribbean or bottles of maple syrup in Canada and bring them back. To be sure of the rules for what you are bringing, you are best to check US customs regulations at their web site.

Archived