Roads to Emerald Pool and the Falls

I&MsMom

For those who have been to the Emerald Pool and the falls: how scary is the drive there? How well maintained are the roads and vehicles the tour operators use?

Have spent a little too much time on roads in Europe running along the sides of sheer cliffs with not so much as a low stone wall for a guard rail. Not interested in a similar experience with my two small kids. Especially not in a third world country where medical assistance may not be the best.

Not meaning to malign Dominica, and I know I could get in an accident taking my children to school, but I also don't want to do anything which I would realize half-way into the trip was a mistake.

Thanks for your feedback.

For those who have been to the Emerald Pool and the falls: how scary is the drive there? How well maintained are the roads and vehicles the tour operators use?

Have spent a little too much time on roads in Europe running along the sides of sheer cliffs with not so much as a low stone wall for a guard rail. Not interested in a similar experience with my two small kids. Especially not in a third world country where medical assistance may not be the best.

Not meaning to malign Dominica, and I know I could get in an accident taking my children to school, but I also don't want to do anything which I would realize half-way into the trip was a mistake.

Thanks for your feedback.

I never even once felt unsafe with our driver or tour. I would also never try driving it myself- never saw any rental car companies and that's very good! Reynotours@hotmail.com made our day very enjoyable and educational as well.

Archived