Transatlantic voyages

neatokimmo

Just a few questions for the experts...

Are there more activities on a long trip like that? Or will they repeat a 7 day's stuff twice?

Same thing with shows. Do they keep doing new shows?

Camp Carnival - empty, full? Do you see a lot of kids?

Food - I've seen the dinner menus online. But what about fresh stuff? Do you see a huge decline in quality towards the end of the trip?

Flying to Barcelona will be expensive I'm sure. I am willing to drive to a large city to reduce costs. Any suggestions on which city to leave from? I am in TN.

If I'm use to an inside cabin, is this the trip to splurge on a window?

Thanks for your help, I have Magic transatlantic fever!

Yes there are a lot more activities than a normal cruise. They don't want you to get bored.

The shows are new and they switch out entertainers whenever they are in port. It's not the same show every night.

Very few children. On my TA in April, there were a total of 47. Wouldn't think children would enjoy all those sea days, but we adults sure did.

There was no problem with food quality. They know how to store things so it will last.

I would not do a TA cruise without a window minimum, and preferably a balcony. You end up looking for a public space to hang out in with your book or whatever. Depending on the time of year, you may run into cold/cool weather that is not condusive to pool deck weather.

Not sure how to answer your city question. I went from Miami to Rome. There are all kinds of tricks about buying round trip tickets and throwing away one half. I booked with Legendary Journeys who have some incredible prices. You might want to check them out. They book in bulk, so they can keep their prices low.

:)we went on 14 day from ft laud to barcelons and were at sea 7 days before 1st stop enjoyed all of the trip got to know the ship better it seems like on 7 day you learn your way around about time to get of. they load up more food at the stops and we had good weather everday. take a good book and enjoy. The airfare like somone else said is funny we found round trip for 599 to ohio with 1 stop in new york. The oneway trip would have been 1100. dont make since. Have fun:)

Archived