Dress Code 7 day cruise - Legend

Long time lurker, heading out on our first long awaited Seabourn Cruise. I have searched the forum and my cruise docs but have only become more confused so I apologize if the answer was right in front of me...

Can anyone guess how many casual vs. elegant casual nights are there will be on a 7 day Legend Med. cruise (we are doing two back to backs July 3rd)?

Second, would dressy, dark (expensive) jeans with heels and a silk blouse be allowed in any restaurant in the evening?

I have already figured out the obvious - jacket for men on elegant casual, no shorts etc.

Long time lurker, heading out on our first long awaited Seabourn Cruise. I have searched the forum and my cruise docs but have only become more confused so I apologize if the answer was right in front of me...

Can anyone guess how many casual vs. elegant casual nights are there will be on a 7 day Legend Med. cruise (we are doing two back to backs July 3rd)?

Second, would dressy, dark (expensive) jeans with heels and a silk blouse be allowed in any restaurant in the evening?

I have already figured out the obvious - jacket for men on elegant casual, no shorts etc.

I just returned from doing back 2 back Med cruises on the Odyssey. For each 7 day cruise there were 4 casual and 3 elegant casual nights. Two of the casual nights were on the first and last nights of the 7 day cruises. I have to say that not that you would be turned away, but dark dressy jeans was not what I saw being worn. I understand where you are coming from as that is acceptable dress here in Nashville where I live and in LA where my daughter lives and in Seattle where we frequent as well. It actually is my preferred dress style for an evening out! I really found that the women did dress on the dressier side of each category. Hope this helps? Please feel free to ask more specific questions as far as dress goes. This was my first Seabourn as well so I understand. By the way, it would be good for your husband to pack a tie or two for the elegant casual nights just in case you find the crowd dresses up a little more. My husband who really appreciates a casual night did where a tie on occasion. Also understand that the dynamics of each cruise can differ from week to week....I would just want to be prepared.

Hi enjoy your trip

Do agree that jeans no matter how expensive is not the norm apart maybe first night last night.

We are on Legend in two weeks and I have to say we will still be bringing 'black tie' we are a crowd of 12 and still like to dress up, shame they changed the dress code but some of us still do it.

have a great trip

You can however wear them during the day if you wish.

True....but rather warm. I had denim capris with me which were good for covering the knees when needed, but any more coverage would have done me in!

Archived