International Cafe?

Rhitson88

Question about the patisserie on the Coral or Island Princess-

We are thinking of booking Panama Canal cruises this winter. Is the patisserie anything like the International Cafe? If not, is there a charge? Is the coffee good? Thanks a bunch everyone. Anne

Not like it at all.

They will have a small tray on the bar with a few pastries etc. (no charge)

The brewed coffee there is fine.

It is really the same as the Lobby Bar on other ships.

Thank you, Colo Cruiser and crusindaworld. I suspected that the smaller ships might not have the amenities we love on the larger and newer Princess ships. I enjoy really good coffee and the Horizon coffee is just horrendous. I learned from postings here on Cruise critic that International Cafe coffee is superb, Do I need to purchase a coffee card on the Island/Coral? I was planning to anyway for upcoming cruises.

Crusindaworld--I see you are on the Princess in July. Charlie and I will be back2back Eastern and western beginning July 18th. Perhaps we'll see y'all there! Anne

Thank you, Colo Cruiser and crusindaworld. I suspected that the smaller ships might not have the amenities we love on the larger and newer Princess ships. I enjoy really good coffee and the Horizon coffee is just horrendous. I learned from postings here on Cruise critic that International Cafe coffee is superb, Do I need to purchase a coffee card on the Island/Coral? I was planning to anyway for upcoming cruises.

Crusindaworld--I see you are on the Princess in July. Charlie and I will be back2back Eastern and western beginning July 18th. Perhaps we'll see y'all there! Anne

Unless you want to drink that same old syrupy coffee, then yes, you will need to purchase a coffee card.

Unless you want to drink that same old syrupy coffee, then yes, you will need to purchase a coffee card.

One needn't purchase a coffee card to get fresh brewed. You can charge it on your cruise card by the cup!!!!

So, is it frowned upon if I am by myself, going to the IC, have food and need a table, see that someone is reading a book at a table, and sit down with them and eat my food? I mean, if they are only using one chair, why can't we just share the table? I mean...a girl's gotta do what a girls gotta do!

I dont see anything wrong with that, but I would ask, "Do you mind if I sit down?"

Karen

So, is it frowned upon if I am by myself, going to the IC, have food and need a table, see that someone is reading a book at a table, and sit down with them and eat my food? I mean, if they are only using one chair, why can't we just share the table? I mean...a girl's gotta do what a girls gotta do!

As someone who cruises alone and therefore never takes up all the chairs at a table (unless I were to eat too many IC goodies, I guess . . . !), I'd be delighted to have someone make us of that extra chair sitting there empty.

when the diamond goes into drydock will it have the IC?? thanks

It should. That's been the standard updating on most ships that have drydocked recently. Only the Coral didn't receive it, for what reason I do not know. Maybe not enough room on the narrower ship? We'll keep our fingers crossed for you!

It should. That's been the standard updating on most ships that have drydocked recently. Only the Coral didn't receive it, for what reason I do not know. Maybe not enough room on the narrower ship? We'll keep our fingers crossed for you!

The Sapphire's due to get it (not in time for me; boo hoo). so must presume Diamond is scheduled for it too.

Archived