Shrek

What with the kiddie stuff on the Oasis and Allure. Going to turn the luxury cruise into a Disney Crusie. I personally think this is going to make me think twice before going on the Oasis again or booking the Allure. If they want to do it just do it on certain cruises.

What with the kiddie stuff on the Oasis and Allure. Going to turn the luxury cruise into a Disney Crusie. I personally think this is going to make me think twice before going on the Oasis again or booking the Allure. If they want to do it just do it on certain cruises.

I think with the size of the Oasis and Allure you will not notice it as much as you think. I mean Disney is Disney, it is EVERYWHERE, this is just going to be 1 or 2 characters and a few events for the kids...I mean a lot of people do sail with kids and this may keep them even more occupied than they already do...

It's interesting to me to see you refer to Royal Caribbean ships as 'luxury'. I thought they were in the family cruising genre, along with Carnival, NCL, etc. Luxury to me is Silversea, Crystal, Regent, Seabourne...

I was just looking at Conde Naste's Gold list for 2010 and was startled to see Disney Cruise Lines listed among the dozen or so luxury lines. Scoring the highest this year is Sea Cloud Cruises btw.

I can see folks getting annoyed if cartoon characters try to take over the ship, but that is not going to happen. Lets take a look at these ships without Shrek: Carousel with ponys, FlowRiders, kids H2O zone, separate wading pool for infants and toddlers, Adventure Club for kids, Nursery for babies, parades on the Promanade (with characters on stilts), little tykes miniature golf, ice skating, rock climbing, catch my drift. OMG if folks find out Shrek's on board, people might actually bring their kids.

I have looked on the RCCI website and it is pretty obvious that the kids will have to seek out the characters, to some extent. "Meals with the characters" is something the parents can schedule for their kids. I'm sure the shows will be in addition to, rather than replacing, those the adults are planning to see while on board. Yes, Shrek and penquins will become part of the parades, but that will add to the fun (or the reasons why some will just skip the parades!) My cruise is scheduled for 3 weeks after school gets back in session, in Sept 2011. I don't think it will be a big "kid" week.

I have looked on the RCCI website and it is pretty obvious that the kids will have to seek out the characters, to some extent. "Meals with the characters" is something the parents can schedule for their kids. I'm sure the shows will be in addition to, rather than replacing, those the adults are planning to see while on board. Yes, Shrek and penquins will become part of the parades, but that will add to the fun (or the reasons why some will just skip the parades!) My cruise is scheduled for 3 weeks after school gets back in session, in Sept 2011. I don't think it will be a big "kid" week.

Thank you. You are quite accurate. I am also sailing in September 2011. I am looking forward to the Dreamworks additions.

RCI is NOT a luxury cruise line. They are mass market just like Carnival, NCL and Princess. There will be plenty of areas on board the ship for folks who do not want to be around the characters or Dream Work experience.

As usual, you are right on target. I guess RCI can take the compliment though (lol) about being a luxury line.

Archived