Who can help

If you book a specific cabin does this mean you have no chance of an upgrade?.

Just wondering as I booked a specific cabin number but would be happy to take an upgrade if one were to come along.

There's little chance of an upgrade....it can happen...but probably won't! However, if you're at all picky about your cabin location, you should book what will make you happy. The only way I'd book a gty. would be if it was a "Suite" guarantee....

There's little chance of an upgrade....it can happen...but probably won't! However, if you're at all picky about your cabin location, you should book what will make you happy. The only way I'd book a gty. would be if it was a "Suite" guarantee....

is there a higher likelihood for an upgrade for suite do you think? just curious!!

We were up graded from a balcony to Junior Suite on Rhapsody. We had a specific cabin booked for over a year prior to cruise & good the up grade about 3 weeks prior to the cruise. The suites weren't selling so they up graded quite a few people to sell additional cabins. We even got the extra cruise credit for the suite even though we didn't pay for it

We were up graded from a balcony to Junior Suite on Rhapsody. We had a specific cabin booked for over a year prior to cruise & good the up grade about 3 weeks prior to the cruise. The suites weren't selling so they up graded quite a few people to sell additional cabins. We even got the extra cruise credit for the suite even though we didn't pay for it

Can you tell me how many cruises you had before you were upgraded?.

Can you tell me how many cruises you had before you were upgraded?.

We're Diamond Plus and have only been upgraded once. Since the ships usually sail full, the chances of receiving an upgrade are slim.

My wife and I are departing June 27th on the NOS. She is Diamond and I am Platinum. There seems to be suites available on the ship in almost all categories. We booked a specific cabin in the D1 category.

Since the upgrades usually take place 2 weeks prior to departure what do you think the chances are of upgrading at the port (both comp. and paying a fee)?

Thanks.

My wife and I are departing June 27th on the NOS. She is Diamond and I am Platinum. There seems to be suites available on the ship in almost all categories. We booked a specific cabin in the D1 category.

Since the upgrades usually take place 2 weeks prior to departure what do you think the chances are of upgrading at the port (both comp. and paying a fee)?

Thanks.

According to what I have read from Royal, upgrading at the port is no longer possible.

Thanks.

C&A will upgrade prior to embarkation starting with those D+ that have the most cruise credits and other criteria as they work their way down the list.

I copied this off the new C&A Benefits Page. It is notation #13 Complimentary space-available stateroom upgrades located under Cruise Planning Benefits.

"Stateroom upgrades available on cruise vacations of 5 nights or longer based on availability within 14 days of departure date. Offer varies by ship and sail dates with certain restrictions. Offer is not valid during Christmas and New Years sailings. Upgrades will be given in priority to Crown & Anchor members based on tier level, cruise credits, time of booking and the original fare paid by the guest. To be available for this benefit, we must have your loyalty membership number in your reservation and your valid email address and/or valid phone number. A Royal Caribbean associate will contact you upon availability. A response is needed within 24 hours or the upgrade will be given to the next guest on the priority list. Upgrades are final up to 4 days before your sail date, and cannot be done by a pier agent or onboard any of our ships. Offer may be withdrawn at any time and cannot be combined with any other upgrade offers or certain restricted fares".

We were never notified of the up grade. I had already printed my set sail pass . I was just in the site and happened to check our account and noticed the change. There was a D+ lady that got up graded to grand suite and she was not happy with the room location. She had never been notified either and didn't find out until she got to the pier. Her cabin had been a JS aft and the grand suite was in the front of the ship. We were on the aft as well and the new location was 4 rooms from the aft location. We didn't argue about it because we wanted the extra cruise credit. Our next cruise is in a JS & we'll make Diamond. It would have been nice if we had been called prior to see if we wanted to be up graded though.

Archived