Shuttle or Car Service From Long Island

megmno

Can anyone recommend a shuttle service from Long Island (western Suffolk)?

I'd like to avoid paying $240 for parking if possible. We have four people, and probably four pieces of luggage plus assorted carryons. The idea of juggling that much stuff on the LIRR seems impractical to me, plus we'd probably need two cabs to get to our LIRR station plus two cabs from Penn to the pier...

I got a price quote from Winston transportation, but they wanted $180 each way (I guess they don't really discount it if you have multiple passengers.)

Anyone else have any suggestions?

The going rate from Suffolk is $100 plus or more(and more if its more than one pick up point). This is the rate from MacArthur airport into Manhattan.

http://macarthurairport.com/pages/8transportation.shtml

You won't save much by taking a car service. The only way to save a lot take the LIRR or the Hampton Jitney and then a cab.

http://www.hamptonjitney.com/cgi-bin/nav.cgi?page=home.html

but even the jitney works out to about $25 pp plus the cab. so it won't have much. You can save the most by taking the LIRR to Jamaica and change for the train that ends at Flatbush/Atlantic Avenue and calling a car service to pick you up for about $10 to the cruise terminal....

The most convenient is your own car and it won't cost much more than any other way and probably a lot less...even with expensive parking.

You can save even more by parking on the street and then paying the one or two parking tickets($35 each) if you car isn't towed or stolen....(I don't actually recommend this)

Archived