Question about Nativeway RRR tour

doodlefan

HI

We are looking at booking the Rays, Reef and Rum Point with Nativeway for our family of 6.

My question is that we are going to be on Freedom of the Seas arriving in GC on Thurs. Nov 4th from 7 am to 4 pm.

I know there is a time difference from the ship to the Island so would this make us waaaay to early to do their 9 am to 2:15 pm tour. If the Island is earlier than the ship this would mean that it would be 10 am ship time till 3:15. The last tender would be 3:30. This is so confusing. Do I have this right?

Also for anybody that has done this tour, when you get picked back up at Rum Point, is it by boat? If so do they take you all the way back to the pier by boat or back to their dock and then drive you back to the pier?

At the beginning of the tour are you picked up at the cruise ship by a van and then transported to their pier where you board their boat?

Thanks for any help.

I don't know the answer re the time issue. However, I'd just email Nativeway and ask them...they want your business. I've taken two excursions with them and they are very professional. Regarding the return from Rum Point....a boat will pick you up and return you to the marina from which you originated your excursion, you will then get back on a van which will take you back to the port where you will take a tender back to the ship. But I'm sure they will be able to work out something and you don't need to worry that you won't make it back to the ship in time; they absolutely will ensure that.

I don't know the answer re the time issue. However, I'd just email Nativeway and ask them...they want your business. I've taken two excursions with them and they are very professional. Regarding the return from Rum Point....a boat will pick you up and return you to the marina from which you originated your excursion, you will then get back on a van which will take you back to the port where you will take a tender back to the ship. But I'm sure they will be able to work out something and you don't need to worry that you won't make it back to the ship in time; they absolutely will ensure that.

Thank you for the info.

I have just received a reply from Nativeway and they assured me that our times would work out fine. We would go at 9:15 ship time and return at 2:30 ship time (The Island is one hour behind ship time) whew, I think we have it all sorted out.

Nativeway was very promt and answered all my questions, so I'll be booking with them today. Thanks again.

HI

We are looking at booking the Rays, Reef and Rum Point with Nativeway for our family of 6.

My question is that we are going to be on Freedom of the Seas arriving in GC on Thurs. Nov 4th from 7 am to 4 pm.

I know there is a time difference from the ship to the Island so would this make us waaaay to early to do their 9 am to 2:15 pm tour. If the Island is earlier than the ship this would mean that it would be 10 am ship time till 3:15. The last tender would be 3:30. This is so confusing.

Which is why we're taking the ship's RR&R Tour.;)

We missed a non-ship excursion in Belize once due to tendering and the ship's delay in clearing the ship for debarkation. Ever since then, if we need to tender, and if there is any question of time, we'll play it safe and take the ship's tour.

I was on the Valor with the same port times. We had no problems time wise. If you want to do any shopping, do it before you leave for the excursion. They do get you back to the area just outside of the tender port area at 2:30 and there is a little time to shop, but the tender lines are very long. Make sure you are in the right line if there are a few ships tendering.

The stingrays were awesome. I thought I would be squeamish, but I wasn't! They are so cool! This was the first time I tried snorkeling. I had a hard time with their equipment. I also snorkeled in Roatan. Next time to Cozumel, I want to snorkel there... the water is absolutely amazing.

Rum point is so calming and relaxing...wish I could be there right now! So beautiful. The lunch provided was fabulous, we had the catch of the day. It was either mahi mahi or snapper.

The crew on The My Way from Native Way are the best. They provided my family with wonderful memories and photos. We would book with them again in a heartbeat!

Sunluva7 - Thanks for your insight, but we rarely if ever take ships tours, too expensive, too little time and too many people. We have cruised the Caribbean, Mediterannean and the Baltics this way and have never had a problem. We just make sure we have a back up plan and a back up plan for our back up plan:D

Sam D. Thanks for sharing your experience with Native Way. I'm really glad to hear you enjoyed it and loved Rum Point. We're booked now and with ships docking there every week I'm sure they have their times and schedule down to a science.

Thanks

Just have to chip in my two cents too! ;) We did this same tour in May of this year and it was the highlight of our trip (this and the cool Blue Hole in Jamaica :D). The lunch was yummy and Rum Point was just so beautiful. The great part for us was that we were able to hit the stingrays and the snorkeling first before all of the other cruise ship excursions arrived (and therefore it was less crowded!) and then relax at Rum Point while the cruise ships shore excursion does it in reverse! SO NOT RELAXING! Not to mention that we only had about 8 other people with three of us. The cruise ships' excursion was packed on their boat like sardines! UG! You will LOVE your RRR experience! I wish I was going again!

Kathy

Just have to chip in my two cents too! ;) We did this same tour in May of this year and it was the highlight of our trip (this and the cool Blue Hole in Jamaica :D). The lunch was yummy and Rum Point was just so beautiful. The great part for us was that we were able to hit the stingrays and the snorkeling first before all of the other cruise ship excursions arrived (and therefore it was less crowded!) and then relax at Rum Point while the cruise ships shore excursion does it in reverse! SO NOT RELAXING! Not to mention that we only had about 8 other people with three of us. The cruise ships' excursion was packed on their boat like sardines! UG! You will LOVE your RRR experience! I wish I was going again!

Kathy

Thanks Kathy

It's great to hear another good experience. What's even better is that we have a tour in Jamaica to go to Dunn River Falls, River tubing and the coo Blue Hole too. It sounds like that will be a great day as well.

Thanks again

Thanks Kathy

It's great to hear another good experience. What's even better is that we have a tour in Jamaica to go to Dunn River Falls, River tubing and the coo Blue Hole too. It sounds like that will be a great day as well.

Thanks again

Are you booked with Peat Taylor by any chance? That is the exact day that we had in Jamaica!! It was so much fun! We loved the river tubing too! (My hubby and I had already been to DRF and tubing but this time we took our 8 yr old son and we wanted him to experience it all - needless to say, he loved it all too!).

Are you booked with Peat Taylor by any chance? That is the exact day that we had in Jamaica!! It was so much fun! We loved the river tubing too! (My hubby and I had already been to DRF and tubing but this time we took our 8 yr old son and we wanted him to experience it all - needless to say' date=' he loved it all too!).[/quote']

Yes we are. Now that I think about it, I think I read some reviews of yours over on the Jamaica board.:D

I'm glad you really enjoyed that day too. I makes me excited for our day.

:p

Hi , Tara ithink we are going on magic together. we are doing gc in oct. and are also looking for a small non-ship excursion too. the board for this cruise is very slow. i wish your family was going at the same time. i have been trying to get people to join us on some small private charter trips and can't get anybody to join. some of the prices are so reasonablefor everything you get i don't understand why nobody is interested. if we go on this tour i'll give you a report when we get back. see you on the magic board

Hi , Tara ithink we are going on magic together. we are doing gc in oct. and are also looking for a small non-ship excursion too. the board for this cruise is very slow. i wish your family was going at the same time. i have been trying to get people to join us on some small private charter trips and can't get anybody to join. some of the prices are so reasonablefor everything you get i don't understand why nobody is interested. if we go on this tour i'll give you a report when we get back. see you on the magic board

Yes, we are on the Magic together. I haven't even really looked at the roll call for the Freedom of the Seas yet. I'm too busy trying to plan it and plan for the Magic one too.:D

This one will be DH & I and our 4 sons. Our daughter is starting University in Sept. so she won't be with us. I haven't really tried to get any groups going since we are actually a whole group of 6 ourselves:eek:

I'd love a report when you get back if you end up booking this tour. So far it gets great reviews and the communications have been great. We're booked so we're going.:D

See you on the Magic roll call. I read everyday just don't post too much.

Archived