Courtyard Villa Balcony Question...

rainbowbeach

We've splurged for a Courtyard Villa category A3 room 16003 at the very front of the ship. After reading through some threads here it says that it is an open balcony which I prefer over a solarium. But when I look at pictures of the ship I don't see any balconies - can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks! :D

We are in 16001 for the 6/24 TA crossing. From my understanding it is a Solarium with a window that opens for fresh air. I'm looking forward to seeing the whole set up. I bet the views are amazing though. I'll take plenty of pictures to share.:)

hencoll,

Can you also find out if the middle A5's (16001 and 17001) are wider than the neighboring cabins? Looking at both the deck plans and the photos of the ship itself, it looks as if the middle cabins may be about 20% wider. We're sailing in 17001 1/1/11 and would love to find we bought ourselves some extra room.

If not, the room and view should still be awesome! Any pics from that forward position would be great to see as well. Have a great cruise.

I am booked in a front courtyard penthouse. I think the views will be amazing with walls of glass in the front. But I am curious. Without the balcony, will the suite have some extra square feet that extends out to where the balcony would be? If so, and I hope so, that is going to be GREAT :)

We are in 16001 for the 6/24 TA crossing. From my understanding it is a Solarium with a window that opens for fresh air. I'm looking forward to seeing the whole set up. I bet the views are amazing though. I'll take plenty of pictures to share.:)

We are in the same villa on the 8/14 cruise. I am really anxious to see what the solarium looks like. Please post pics. Thank you.

hencoll,

Can you also find out if the middle A5's (16001 and 17001) are wider than the neighboring cabins? Looking at both the deck plans and the photos of the ship itself, it looks as if the middle cabins may be about 20% wider. We're sailing in 17001 1/1/11 and would love to find we bought ourselves some extra room.

If not, the room and view should still be awesome! Any pics from that forward position would be great to see as well. Have a great cruise.

We are in 17001 for the TA in May 2011. Look forward to your photos

when you post.

Curious - it looks like the Epic website floor plans need to be updated. It clearly shows the forward suites on deck 17 to be category A6, but the ones on deck 16 are listed as A3's. The photos of the finished ship don't lie - there are windows for those forward cabins, implying a solarium not a balcony.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the solarium vs. balcony (especially in the forward facing cabin.) I like the thought of the full length windows with the view they offer and will gladly walk up to deck 18 if I feel the need for more than air from an open window.

Of course, it's all still speculation until we can see some real photos of the suites. Come on NCL, stop teasing us and show us some real photos of the courtyard and suites. :D

• 2 weeks later...

As promised here are a few pictures of 16001. We sailed in this awesome suite during the TA crossing. 16001 is larger (wider). The living/dining area and the second bedroom are larger than the standard CY villas. We absolutely loved the Solarium, it was used often on the TA since our weather was cold, windy and foggy. There is also a thermostat in the solarium so the space can be heated or cooled as needed. The view was amazing. The only downside- if the seas are rocky, the movement is extreme in this suite. Just click the pics for a larger image.

th_LondonandTACruise2010352.jpg th_LondonandTACruise2010351.jpg th_LondonandTACruise2010354.jpg th_LondonandTACruise2010367.jpg th_LondonandTACruise2010357.jpg th_LondonandTACruise2010368.jpg

As promised here are a few pictures of 16001. We sailed in this awesome suite during the TA crossing. 16001 is larger (wider). The living/dining area and the second bedroom are larger than the standard CY villas. We absolutely loved the Solarium, it was used often on the TA since our weather was cold, windy and foggy. There is also a thermostat in the solarium so the space can be heated or cooled as needed. The view was amazing. The only downside- if the seas are rocky, the movement is extreme in this suite. Just click the pics for a larger image.

th_LondonandTACruise2010352.jpg th_LondonandTACruise2010351.jpg th_LondonandTACruise2010354.jpg th_LondonandTACruise2010367.jpg th_LondonandTACruise2010357.jpg th_LondonandTACruise2010368.jpg

I just wanted to pop in and thank you for sharing your cabin with us on the cabin crawl. I can't get over how much wider your suite was than ours (16021). Thanks again!

Thanks for posting your solarium pictures. I believe yours are the first. It looks just like a balcony. I was a little disappointed since I was hoping the room just extened out without glass sliding doors and there was just a wall of glass.

Are all of the CVs at the front of the ship wider (ie: 16000, 16003)? Or just specifically 16001?

I was wondering that also. Thanks for the pictures...16001 is much wider. Those 3 villas are gone on my sailing, but maybe they will reopen. Wonder if its the same for the A6 on deck 17.

Looking at the deck plan the center ones do look a little wider.

Archived