Anybody apply for passport recently? (How long did it take?)

ohyes

Like you , I also waited until the last minute and sweated every day until I got my passport in the mailbox! It took exactly 4 weeks. I did order an official birth certificate from PA and it took 10 days to get to GA. Good luck!

I am pretty agitated about this. DH and I messed around and just applied for our passports this past Friday. The agent at the post office told us he is to say it takes 7-8 weeks, but they have been coming in about 4 weeks. We heard the same thing in January when DS applied and sure enough, it arrived in about 4 weeks. Of course, time was not such a major issue as it is now. Our cruise leaves on July 26, 2010!

I am kicking myself for even applying this late--should have just done the cruise with our birth certificates. And, of course, now we don't even have our birth certificates because they are en-route to the passport place.

My plan is to expediate DH's application as soon as it shows up online and I can...at least, that is what I understood the guy to tell us Friday. We were too cheap to pay the extra $60.00 at the time - but that was before I realized how scary our situation is. I had been thinking, "oh well, we can just use our birth certificates if worse comes to worse" - FORGETTING they take the birth certificates. Now, i will gladly pay the $60.00.

I am sending off an expediated order to get my birth certificate from Texas--can't tell that Ohio does expediated orders (for DH). He is calling them tomorrow.

Anyway, procrastination can be such a bad thing. We lectured our two adult kids about not messing around with this. Sure enough, they have their passports. ...and their mom and dad have nothing. :( We kept meaning to get in, but the hours were 10-3 and that was difficult with work. The one time I did make it in, about a month ago, the guy was out of the office.

If any of you have recently applied and gotten yours in less than 4 weeks and 5 days, please share. I can use some encouragement. If i miss this cruise, the tears will be nonstop...and there won't even be anybody else to blame. :mad:

Be glad you didn't do this!

The only reason I can remember how long it took is

My Daughter had her Baby on the 21 of May,

they both had time off, so they went to get Passports for our Jan Cruise, the following week.

May 27 for one, and they needed the 7 year old for his, so they went back on the 28th.

Son in Love got his last Monday or Tuesday. 18 days, and 7 yr olds came yesterday. 22 days.

That is with a Holiday week end in there too.

Sounds like you are going to get them in plenty of time...

Stress less, and have a great time on your cruise :o)

One other thing, on the form it asks when and where you are traveling

I think they ask that to see if they need to get those processed sooner rather than later

Because why ask where you are going for the first trip of a pass port, when they are good for ten years.

Archived