Lanids Suites - Review

We just returned from our cruise and spent two nights at the Landis Suites. We arrived the night of Thursday, June 10th. Our original plans were to arrive that morning but we missed our flight, which is another story. Anyway, we took a limo that was outside the airport for $40.00 for all four of us plus five pieces of luggage.

Once we arrived at the hotel, I was a little nervous. It is not fancy but the lady at the front desk was very friendly. We went next door and had a burger for dinner plus we got 20% off since we were staying at the Landis. It was close to 10 o'clock so we just wanted something close. The food was good.

We had a two bedroom, two bath suite which was on the 14th floor. My son and nephew were quick to point out that we were really on the 13th floor. All of the windows were open without any screens. Since we are from Texas, I need air conditioning. I shut all of them and turned on the air. The room was not fancy but extremely clean. The main bedroom had a king size bed, flat screen tv. The bathroom had a glass shower, double sink, full size tub. We heard sirens both nights but nothing too bad. The kitchen had dishes, etc. There was an iron and ironing board. The living area had a small couch and two chairs with a flat screen tv and dvd player. There was a little enclosed patio with a table and four chairs. The second bedroom had a full size bed, and flat screen tv. The second bathroom had a tub/shower.

The room was perfect for us but if you are looking for something fancy, this is not the place for you. I would compare it to a Holiday Inn or Hampton Inn. They had a continental breakfast which we used both mornings. My only complaint was there were people in there eating without any shoes on. That is no fault of the hotel.

The people at the front desk were extremely helpful and arranged transportation for us on Friday. I cannot say enough about the staff. I would reccommend this hotel. I have pictures that I can email if anyone is interested. I thought I would post something because I had a hard time finding information on this hotel. We didn't walk to a lot of places because I am recovering from knee surgery so we took the shuttle or buses while we were in Vancouver.

Archived