How long does it take to get a refund?

miller931

If my booking is cancelled outside the penalty period, does anyone know how long it should take to get a refund for the deposit from Princess? My TA was very vague and said that it could take up to 2 - 3 billing cycles to show up on my credit card statement. Is that true? Thanks.

When we had been over charged because the cruise credit had not been deducted, out travel agent contacted princess to get the refund on our Credit Card and it happened in a weeks time period. I was surprised how quick.

I think it all depends on your Credit Card billing cycle. I had to cancel twice and first time received it in a week. 2nd time received it by the 3rd week. So keep a check on your credit card bill and I would call if you don't see it after 6 weeks.

There should be no difference from debit and credit....why should other persons hold your money and get interest on it for say 3 to 6 weeks.

I had this all out with a Company that was giving me the credit plus my Credit Card Company....was given all kinds of excuses one blaming the other...but now if I ever to get a credit its on my card bill within a few days.

Check my accounts every day on the web.

There should be no difference from debit and credit....why should other persons hold your money and get interest on it for say 3 to 6 weeks.
I agree and questioned Princess customer rep as to why when I pay it shows up immediately and when they refund it takes weeks. Her reply was that the refund has to go through different departments and it takes much longer to get the approval and credit applied to the credit card.

I agree and questioned Princess customer rep as to why when I pay it shows up immediately and when they refund it takes weeks. Her reply was that the refund has to go through different departments and it takes much longer to get the approval and credit applied to the credit card.

I bugged the Company and my Credit Card company so much about my refund each kept stating it was the others fault e.g. The Company stated that they had put the credit through...........Credit Card Company denied the fact.

Actually I bugged them so much that it has never happenned to me again.....they just had no more excuses to give me.

If these people keep your refund for 3 to 6 weeks you are in your rights to demand the refund with the interest they have made on your money during that time.

Archived