Red sea magic question

We are booked on the Spirit next year and my daughter in law is already planning/buying, stupid question she wants to know what's the best footwear for the excersions (she's 20)

cheers all

Certainly decent shoes/sandals for walking at Petra - it's a 8Km hike there and back. (Great trip though - one of the high-lights) Although some parts are level and have a good surface, some of it's a bit rough under foot - uneven in parts and gravel-covered in other areas. Trainers would be suitable and for the Wadi Rum trip. (We really enjoyed that one too but you have to climb in and out of jeeps). Perhaps other posters will help with other excursions.

Your DiL is a girl after my own heart. I love researching our trips - it extends the anticipation and excitement pleasure for so much longer. It's all part of the fun! :)

I would always recommend comfort over fashion. It depends on your excursion but many of them involve a considerable amount of walking so I would suggest trainers as much of the terrain is sandy or pebbly. If you go to Petra (absolutely amazing) thewalk down to the treasury building is over a mile away from the entrance and it is often over cobbled or stony ground.

We did Red Sea magic last year and loved it.

get a pair of deck shoes.their comfortable light,ok to wear in the water,no socks, good thick sole,can be got in blue, white, brown,and their easy to pack.i take two pairs when we go.look ok with shorts or long trousers,good grip too if ships deck wet.ade.

Don't buy a new pair, a comfy pair of trainers will be fine. I just wore my older ones on the plane there and back and for the trip to Petra. I had a newer pair but didn't take them for two reasons. Firstly wearing them for many hours in case they rubbed as they were fairly new and I don't usually wear trainers all day. Secondly as I had read somewhere about the red sand staining your footwear. we didn't have this problem as it was dry, however if there had been any rain it could be a problem.

Archived