Princess Documents

Cali_Chick

Hi all...my first cruise is coming up next week and I want to ensure I have all the required documents for boarding.

Passport

Boarding Pass

Luggage tags

Anything else I need to print out and bring? I don't want to forget anything!

Thank you!

Posted this under the Alaska thread by mistake! :eek:

Nope, that's the essentials.

Plus a credit card to open your onboard account.

And if you're geographically-challenged or have a low tolerance for getting happily lost as you walk around the ship, a copy of the deck plans out of the brochure is not a bad thing to have. You'll get a map when you check in, but it's not a floor plan, rather it's a cutout of the ship's profile, so it's not terribly helpful for showing you how to get from point A to point B. Of course, if you're like me, you've been obsessively poring over the deck plans for weeks now and have practically memorized the ship's layout already!

That should be fine. I always print out and bring the "Travel summary" which includes a list of the excursions I've booked, "just in case."

"just in case" they mess up, or just in case you forget?! I only ask as someone who was totally surprised by one of her shore excursion tickets last cruise ("When did I book this??")

An address list if you want to send postcards to everyone

A photocopy of your passport and any other critical document you have just in case you loose it or need it.

Phone numbers of critical folks - your kid's babysitter (lol, cause you didn't take them on the cruise and left them with Cousin Jenny), or the neighbor watching your house who just noticed the lawn sprinklers running for the past few days but didn't leave their phone number.....

For us, since we use the Internet, your IDs and passwords to your favorite sites or your online banking site if you have to pay the bills while you are gone. I know we never use them at home, so when we get on the Ship's Internet PCs, we can't automatically log on...and there are so, so, many of those darn passwords!

Another official ID (besides Passport) such as DL to take with you to ports.

I was thinking about that too, but only if you want to keep your passport onboard.

One more thing: Confirmation emails for your hotel if you will stay in one and any tours, either through Princess or a private company like Rome In Limo.

A photocopy of your passport and any other critical document you have just in case you loose it or need it.

We also make photocopies of the credit cards we're taking and our health insurance cards (both sides so we have the customer service numbers to call, "just in case").

Archived