4th of July

We will be doing a massive 4th of July sail-away party. I am not going to spoil all of our secrets (for those who may be cruising and reading this) but it will be a highlight of the cruise for our guests.

I imagine they will do something big on the EX.

Mike

If anyone knows, Mike knows, and boy will you have fun.:D

We will be doing a massive 4th of July sail-away party. I am not going to spoil all of our secrets (for those who may be cruising and reading this) but it will be a highlight of the cruise for our guests.

Mike

Yes I am sure you are right, there will probably be no AMERICANS on that sailing, and therefore nobody interested in the 4th of July celebrations.:rolleyes:

Independence Day is an AMERICAN holiday...no one else celebrates it. Don't count on much (if anything) being done on the 4th of July.

Independence Day is an AMERICAN holiday...no one else celebrates it. Don't count on much (if anything) being done on the 4th of July.

That's funny because the CD on that ship already posted in response to the thread and said they have something "huge" planned....:rolleyes:

Mike

Ohhhmygosh my heart is breaking. I want to be there!!!! :(

I think if I am reading Mikes post correctly, he was saying what he was doing, and that he thought that the EX would be doing something as well.

That's funny because the CD on that ship already posted in response to the thread and said they have something "huge" planned....:rolleyes:

I think if I am reading Mikes post correctly, he was saying what he was doing, and that he thought that the EX would be doing something as well.

Ok, but regardless, a CD said they are planning special celebrations on various ships.

We were at Coco Cay on 4th of July on the only cruise we've taken during that holiday and they had the BBQ on the beach and a special All-American celebration in the dining room. No fireworks as we were sailing that night by dark, but I'm sure there will be something special in the MDR, at the very least...especially with your itinerary. There will be LOTS of Americans on board. Trust me, it won't be ignored.

Mike

Hi Mike, we met on the AOS in 2008. My adult son will be traveling with me. July 4th is his Birthday!!

Hope to see you at our Meet & Mingle.....

No kidding. I was asking if the SHIP did anything for the 4th of July, not "anyone else". I was just saying we would be docked in Bermuda overnight, not asking if anything would be done IN Bermuda. :rolleyes:

Thank you everyone else for your input! :D

Mike

Hey Mike, What about the 10th anniversary of the Explorer on 10/28/10?? Anything special planned yet? :cool:

I've been on 3 cruises during the 4th of July holiday and all they do is setup some decorations and have an "American" style picnic dinner (chicken etc...) in the main Dining room. No fireworks and as someone above mentioned since it is an American holiday the ports wont be celebrating it at all.

I'm an American joining many other Yanks (but still probably a minority) on the Independence of the Seas filled with many Brits...and our first full day is 4th of July; there is alot of irony here, name of ship, where it is homeported, etc...

So, Is the holiday acknowledged in any way? Or is it soft peddled..and I guess I would understand that. I know it's been over 200 years, and we are the best of allies and friends now, but still...

Mitch

Archived