Bring own PNP or crib

mrsamandal

I know alot of people have said the Carnival crib is fine, but my question is more geared towards what is more convenient.

The crib Carnival provides is 23x38, our PNP is 28x40, so a little larger. But is it better to just use our PNP so we can fold it back up during the day? or maybe even use it on deck? Plus, my inlaws will be in the cabin next door and plan on watching her during some naps in their room too, so can we easily move the crib to the next cabin over ourselves?

So I'm curious if it's just better to bring our own PNP. We are driving, so flying with it is not an issue.

If it makes a difference, we reserved an oceanview room on Riviera (6b).

Thanks in advance for any input.

I think it depends on your baby. I know when our kids were little they had a hard time sleeping in something they weren't used to...different look, feel and maybe the matress is totally different...who knows. I would say if you are driving, bring it. I find them wonderful to be able to take up on a deck so the baby can be contained or nap while you relax...I don't think everyone realized how much work it can be to bring a baby on a cruise ship...I am glad you will have parents there to watch your little one so you can get some alone time too.

You are in a 6B, what ship?? We dont know?

I would think with a baby you have enough things to carry as it is without bringing your own PNP just for a few extra inches inside. ..but thats me, I want to travel light.

Iv heard of bringing car seats, strollers, diapers, and all the other stuff, but seems like carrying a pack n play to the ship and off would be not worth it.

We're also sailing out of NO on the Triumph with an infant. We're bringing a compact (smaller) PNP because we are also traveling with our Mother in law and would like the flexibility of moving the PNP between cabins.

The crib that Carnival provides doesn't fold, so it would sit there, taking cabin space when not in use.

We're also driving. Besides the PNP, we're just bringing an umbrella stroller.

If you are driving and can bring it no problem and you can use it elsewhere (Grandma and Grandpas cabin - Lido deck etc) then do so. My kids had no problem sleeping anywhere - we have pictures of them sleeping in suitcases, drawers etc - but I always brought their own sheets so there was the familiar smell.

My two little ones are out of cribs, but if they still were in cribs, I would definately bring the pack and play. I always brought our pack and play to hotels even though I knew I could get one provided. It will be familiar to your baby (and cleaned by you), give a few more inches of space and be foldable/portable. I think you answered all of your own questions. :) Have a wonderful trip.

Been years since mine were that small but we always took the PNP with us. No matter who's house, hotel etc we were going to. They always slept better in their own bed. Being in a new enviroment can be stressful enough for a little one. Having the security of their own PNP can make a big difference. Like you said you can also put it up when not in use and have more room.

Sorry, also new to cruising, so I thought all the categories were the same on each ship :o. We are going on Carnival Triumph out of NOLA.

Actually the OV is 220 s.f. on that ship, so that's good (the inside is 185 s.f and a regular balcony is 185 plus 35 s.f. balcony).

So, other than a special balcony or suite, you are in the bigger cabin.

Archived