I need to pack for my hubby on deployment. What should I bring for him to wear??

cjmbcruiser

Cruisers I need help. My husband is coming back for his R&R from his deployment in Afghanistan and we are going on a cruise to the Caribbean! Problem is all his clothes are in storage at the last base we were stationed. I moved back to our home state during this deployment so I have no way of getting his things. I am going shopping for him and have no idea what to bring for dinners. I have the typical shorts, polo shirts, swimming trunks, flip flops, etc but am really confused what I need to pack him for dinners every night. I plan on wearing dresses (not too formal, just casual ones). I need help planning his attire. Thank you!!

What cruise line are you taking? Some cruiselines are taking the casual route and are allowing dress shorts, nice jeans...etc in the dining room on non-formal nights...Some cruise lines are a little more formal where the guys stay in slacks or khakis...

Carnival is taking the casual route...They do allow jeans and dress shorts in the dining room now...I just cruised with them in May and saw a wide range of dress attire at dinner...

There were a lot of people who chose to wear jeans and dress shorts for dinner with polo type shirts...There a lot of people in khakis and slacks...If your husband would feel kind of uncomfortable wearing jeans if the person next to him is wearing khaki's or slacks, then I would pack khaki's and polo type shirts for him...If he is a real casual guy, then he might be fine with nice shorts or jeans with polos for dinner...

So I would pack what you think he will be comfortable wearing. As long as it's not tank tops, cut offs...etc...at dinner time he will be fine either way...

I hope that helps!

Remember, the Caribbean is going to be HOT....jeans may not be the best option! Something cotton/twill (like Dockers) may be a cooler choice!

Very true! However, we actually found ourselves Cold in the evenings due to the AC and the breeze on deck...I always had to change into jeans and a sweater at night even though it was technically still in the mid 80's ...lol...My nice pants were too cool at times...lol...I know everyone is different when it comes to that though...

I would pack at least one pair of nice jeans, 1 pair of kahakis, one pair of slacks (a dark color) and lots of shorts, at least 2 swim suits, 2 polos, a long and short sleeve shirt and several t's and tanks. That way he will have lots of mix and match type choices. If you add a tie to the long sleeve and slacks and you wear a dress you will have some awesome pictures on the formal nights. :D

Archived