Poesia cabin question....

IwannaGo Now

I'm considering a B2B in November on the Poesia. I'm looking at a cat 8 balcony on deck 14, or 12. Anybody know what that symbol is between 14042, and 14044. Anybody got any suggestions for a great cat 8-11, balcony location? I was on the Orchestra on deck 8 aft in Apr 09, and want to go forward this time.

Any other hints would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

You can't go wrong, no matter which cabin you pick on 12 or 14 forward. One deck is below the spa, and the other above it--so you'll always have those fresh scents wafting in!

The symbol of what is between 14042 and 14044--it is a thicker wall of the ship's framework, like a stronger bulkhead. Here is a (VERY LARGE!) flickr photo of Poesia--but of the port side, so it is between 14043 and 14045 here (same thing on starboard). If you look a little to the left of the "MSC Poesia" sign, and count over to the 4th and 5th balconies--between them is that wall:

MSC Poesia

So = good for extra privacy and less noise between those 2 cabins, but bad if you are wanting to book adjoining cabins that can "connect". You can walk into the cabin area on deck 14 from the jogging track, and I remember doing that a couple of times. When you go inside, that wall does jut out--it causes a mini-curve in the hallway.

Also in the picture at the far left--you can see that there is a tiny front outside deck area at the front on deck 14 (and also on decks 9, 10, 11, and 15--and deck 16 is the large open top deck). But deck 12 is the bridge, so it has no outside deck, and on deck 13 is the spa/gym.

Other than that, a starboard-side balcony will have more sun--4 out of the 5 sea days will be sunny (on the south side of the route) on starboard. And starboard also will let you see more islands. A port balcony will almost always be shady on sea days (on the northerly side) and facing more toward "open ocean" areas.

I've just found a really excellent flickr photo of starboard side, too:

POESIA MSC

You're welcome. That looks like a nice cabin :)

I just realized that from that balcony, you'll have a good view of the officers guiding the ship into and out of the ports (when they stand out on the little ledge).

Archived