maasdam promenade OV

CruzCouple

Sorry in advance if this is a topic that has already been beat to death. We just booked our first HAL cruise and are excited about a chance to visit all three ABC islands. We booked an ov cabin on the Lower Promenade and are starting to have second thoughts about having people walk by outside the window. I once saw a crew person standing on top of a tender which put him right outside our window and I just about jumped out of my skin. I keep going back and forth about this cabin choice - one minute the location and ease of getting outside seems perfect and the next minute I worry about privacy. Can anybody describe their experience in one of these cabins? Thanks.

The outside cabins on Lower Promenade on the Maasdam have a coating so that those inside can see out, but those outside cannot see in. That feature does not work at night when it's dark outside, and the lights are on inside the cabin; then it's best to keep the draperies closed.

When it's time to sleep you can open the draperies, but keep the sheers closed. However, be aware that there are lights on the outside deck, and that may disturb you. Also, the deck is cleaned early in the morning, so the noise could be a disturbance.

I had an outside cabin on the Rotterdam (similar layout), and was not bothered by the lights or morning noise. But, I could sleep through the Second Coming, so decide on how deep a sleeper you are.

Maasdam LP deck is one of our favorite places to stay. I need to be able to get outside quick when the mood strikes. When we don't get a balcony we always book the LP deck on this size HAL ship. While I wouldn't stand "nude" in front of the window with the drapes open (the drapes do close easily) I don't think in daylight you can really see inside from the deck.

Linda&Vern

You definitely can see in at night...I've seen many a man walking around in his underwear on my after dinner walks! I often wondered if I should figure out what cabin they are in, and let them know to close their drapes...

I saw a woman with her face pressed against the glass on a lanai cabin, trying to see in during the day. I am sure she just wondered what their inside layouts are, but I wondered what the person on the inside was thinking (if home) with this woman pressing her nose against their window...

Archived