How many ships in port?

wezie

When I just checked the Star Princess for Sept 24, I was surprised to see it listed under Capri and not Naples. My DH thinks it means that we will tender from Capri to the Port in Naples. Does anyone know if this is correct? Since we have a private tour booked from the Port in Naples I'd like to make sure.

When I just checked the Star Princess for Sept 24, I was surprised to see it listed under Capri and not Naples. My DH thinks it means that we will tender from Capri to the Port in Naples. Does anyone know if this is correct? Since we have a private tour booked from the Port in Naples I'd like to make sure.

The Princess site says Naples/Capri.

I would read that to mean you dock in Naples , for Capri.

Check the itinerary on the Princess site under MyPrincess. If you are going to Tender it will show there. Princess usually docks in Naples where you can catch a boat to Capri.

The Princess site says Naples/Capri.

I would read that to mean you dock in Naples , for Capri.

That is what I thought until I checked out the site mentioned earlier.

http://cruisett.com/ports.php?

Star Princess is NOT listed as being docked in Naples on Sept 24 but it IS listed for Capri.......possibly a mistake on cruisett???

I had no reason to think that we weren't docking in Naples until I looked at that site.

Thanks for your comments. I'm probably worrying for nothing but just don't want to mess up what is going to be a wonderful tour of Pompeii and the Amalfi coast by not being at the right place.

To put your mind at ease, call Princess or your TA and check with them directly.

Large ships (like Princess) would not dock (anchor) at Capri--too small. They dock at Naples, or in some (some) cases (but usually only smaller ships) would dock at Sorrento, or Salerno, but only really small cruise ships would make a Capri port stop.

I do know what you mean, though---the Princess web site is very confusing, even ambiguous, on port stops in general, and particularly with the Naples port stop. We're on the Ruby in August, and they have it listed backwards...it seems like they're mixing their port/nearest attraction listings. For example, they list Florence/Pisa (Livorno)--Livorno being the port, while they list Katakolon (Olympia), but in this case Katakolon is the port. Then, they list Naples/Capri---so--what gives? What's the port, and what's the 'attraction'?

Naples is the port....but check!

Kevin

To put your mind at ease, call Princess or your TA and check with them directly.

Large ships (like Princess) would not dock (anchor) at Capri--too small. They dock at Naples, or in some (some) cases (but usually only smaller ships) would dock at Sorrento, or Salerno, but only really small cruise ships would make a Capri port stop.

I do know what you mean, though---the Princess web site is very confusing, even ambiguous, on port stops in general, and particularly with the Naples port stop. We're on the Ruby in August, and they have it listed backwards...it seems like they're mixing their port/nearest attraction listings. For example, they list Florence/Pisa (Livorno)--Livorno being the port, while they list Katakolon (Olympia), but in this case Katakolon is the port. Then, they list Naples/Capri---so--what gives? What's the port, and what's the 'attraction'?

Naples is the port....but check!

Kevin

Thanks No.6, I will call Princess to confirm but I'm pretty sure that it must Naples and the mistake is with the cruisett site.

Archived