Night Snorkel in Hanauma Bay

SavFam06

A thread got a little sidetracked and I might as well post some info on here in case other people are interested.

During Summer months, Hanauma Bay stays open until 10pm on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month for "Night Snorkel" You can rent underwater Flashlights and enjoy the thrill of the bay by dark.

Same rule applies if you want to Night Snorkel: get there early, Hanauma Bay is extremely popular and once the parking lot fills up, they turn people away.

Just read your post about Bus 22 going to Haunama...any way to find out how late it would pick up? We will be staying in Waikiki so I know that's an option just figured the late pick up would be a problem.

Thanks so much for your information!!

Just read your post about Bus 22 going to Haunama...any way to find out how late it would pick up? We will be staying in Waikiki so I know that's an option just figured the late pick up would be a problem.

Thanks so much for your information!!

We took the bus to Hanauma bay two years ago. Don't know if this info is still correct but the last bus back to Waikiki was like 5 or 6pm.

Just an FYI on Hanauma Bay. A group of us had planned a day trip here for some snorkeling and swimming in May 2010...unfortunately, we planned it for May 18th and the Bay is closed on Tuesdays.

There was a large sign at the entrance and we all thought "what are the odds that we planned for this for a Tuesday and it's closed!" I must say that it did look beautiful from the road as we continued our drive north.:( Live and Learn.

Archived