Liberty/Carnival different rates : My ES will go away soon ?

blindrid

I am looking at the Carnival Liberty and am still a bit confused on the different rates offered.

I know the intent of the ES and the non-refundable deposit. The ES rate will go away soon since it will no longer be available as the cruise will be within the five months when it is no longer offered.

I am asking for opinions as to whether or not it is to my advantage to book before the ES goes away or wait and try to capture a better rate as the cruise nears. I know it's a bit ofa supply/demand thing but I'm not convinced that the ES rate is that big of a deal.

Any thoughts are suggestions are welcome. Thanks and have a great day all!

If you know you're going, for sure, why not book ES??

You'll be entitled to any rate drops up to 2 business days before the sail date.

ETA: My mom had $600 OBC waiting for her on Valor last May. Pretty good chunk of change.

Kenmo:

That was one of my thoughts. After readingthe various posts regarding ES is a mid-category better or a lower category?

Obviously, if a category sells out, there won't be any price drops. There seems to be varying opinions on this and the more I research the more confused I get (I know, I know, self inflicted ;))

I am looking at the Carnival Liberty and am still a bit confused on the different rates offered.

I know the intent of the ES and the non-refundable deposit. The ES rate will go away soon since it will no longer be available as the cruise will be within the five months when it is no longer offered.

I am asking for opinions as to whether or not it is to my advantage to book before the ES goes away or wait and try to capture a better rate as the cruise nears. I know it's a bit ofa supply/demand thing but I'm not convinced that the ES rate is that big of a deal.

Any thoughts are suggestions are welcome. Thanks and have a great day all!

Just making sure you're aware -

When you book Early Saver you're not only concerned with drops in the Early Saver Rate itself (which goes away in 3 months cruises 5 days or less and in 5 months cruises 6 days or more) but you also want to monitor drops for any rates that you're eligible for, including the FunSelect Rate, Past Guest Rate (if you're a Past guest), the 55+ Rate (if you're 55+), the Resident Rate for your State of Residence, and the Military Rate (if you're military eligible). If the Past Guest rate drops below your current ES rate, and you’re a Past Guest, you get that rate. Same for FunSelect, 55+, Resident and Military Rate drops, up to 2 business days before sailaway.

Remember that the price protection is for same ship, same dates, same Cabin Category and same number of passengers (the adjustment is for the combined PAX 1 and PAX 2 rates AND the PAX 3 (if any) and PAX 4 (if any) rates. The Early Saver Price Protection is ONLY for Carnival-advertised rates.

So with Early Saver (and it's recognized limitations) you can lock in a low rate at time of booking and then can get price drops for any rates that you're eligible for, all the way up to two business days before sailing.

ken

Kenmo:

That was one of my thoughts. After readingthe various posts regarding ES is a mid-category better or a lower category?

Obviously, if a category sells out, there won't be any price drops. There seems to be varying opinions on this and the more I research the more confused I get (I know, I know, self inflicted ;))

I guess that would vary depending how well a particular category is selling from sail to sail.

My mom had an 8B, and like I mentioned, had some OBC.

I had a 9C next door to her. We had about $130 in price drops before that cat was sold out.....which surprised me we had any at all.

I pick a cabin/price I'm happy with and if I get price drops, well, so much the better!

We booked an 8C on the Liberty last August for a June 12th departure. The rates changed as follows;

1129 PP Initial Rate

999 PP on 4/14/10

969 PP on 4/19/10

999 PP on 5/5/10

1039 PP on 5/13/10

1139 PP on 5/21/10

$320 OBC at time of sailing for two people.

The same may not apply at all to your departure dates as it is all based on demand and inventory, but maybe this helps paint a picture of how it does change. In our case the lowest rate did not last long.

If I am reading this right, My es rate will end in 7 days, and if I see a reduced rate for past guest, senior or resident rate, I should be able to get either OBC or a reduction in my fare?:confused:.

If I am reading this right, My es rate will end in 7 days, and if I see a reduced rate for past guest, senior or resident rate (if you're a Past Guest, 55+, or your states is offered a Resident rate) I should be able to get either OBC or a reduction in my fare, up to 2 business days prior to sailing ?:confused:.

Ken

Sorry I didn't mention that. Yes ,I am past 55 And also a past guest.

Thanks for the quick response...

So....from now 'til thanksgiving (?) you'll be daily checking rates, using QUICK SEARCH to enter your (Miracle?) search parameters and CHECK SPECIALS (or equivalent) entering your state and selecting PAST GUEST and 55+ to see what rates are being offered. As you progress thru the Search Pages, make sure you enter Number of Passengers at the prompt (if more than 2) as the Price Match is for the combined fare for all PAX in the cabin. ken

Ken: I've been reading with interest some of your other posts.

How in the world can you figure all of this out? I just read your response on another thread regarding GTY and pack 'n go rates.

I can see me chasing my own tail trying to get OBC when it's not due.... Thanks everyone for all of your help.

Ken: I've been reading with interest some of your other posts.

How in the world can you figure all of this out? I just read your response on another thread regarding GTY and pack 'n go rates. Research, research, research!!!!

I can see me chasing my own tail trying to get OBC when it's not due.... Thanks everyone for all of your help.

ken

If I am reading this right, My es rate will end in 7 days, and if I see a reduced rate for past guest, senior or resident rate, I should be able to get either OBC or a reduction in my fare?:confused:.

We're on the Valor 11/21/10 and the ES rate is still showing up on the Carnival site. I thought it would have disappeared yesterday or today.

We're on the Valor 11/21/10 and the ES rate is still showing up on the Carnival site. I thought it would have disappeared yesterday or today.

If that's a longer 6+ day cruise it should be disappearing soon - they're often not exact on the cutoff. ken

Archived