Joyce Prince for the day - help with ideas?

I booked a day with Joyce Prince while in St Marteen in August and would like some ideas of what to see and where to go.

My husband and I enjoy walking shopping areas, seeing the sights, a little dip in the water. In other words, a quiet relaxed day.

We are interested in bringing home some coffee from both sides of the island and lunch at a reasonable priced restaurant.

Any thoughts or ideas?

We had a tour with Joyce last week and had a good time. She took us into neighborhoods on both sides and gave us great information on the island. There is a great little outdoor area on the French side where there are a lot of booths set up. I would have liked a little more time there as we did not get to see all of the booths. I am sure if you let her know you want extra time there ahead of time. I am sure if you ask her she will be able to help you out with a place to eat that is reasonable. Have a great time.

We have her booked for the 8/1 sailing on the Serenade of the Seas.

She seems to be most accommodating.

We are going to see the butterfly farm, spend some time at a beach (TBD), stop at Maho Beach to watch the planes land on (over) your head, a stop at the zoo (sorry not sure the name of it), of course some shopping and what ever else time permits.

Mitch.........

:eek:

I booked a day with Joyce Prince while in St Marteen in August and would like some ideas of what to see and where to go.

My husband and I enjoy walking shopping areas, seeing the sights, a little dip in the water. In other words, a quiet relaxed day.

We are interested in bringing home some coffee from both sides of the island and lunch at a reasonable priced restaurant.

Any thoughts or ideas?

I had a private tour with Ms. Joyce in 2008. You can't go wrong with Ms. Joyce. Like you I mainly wanted to shop and sightsee some areas that I didn't get a chance to in 2007.

I spent more time on the French side in the craft market. The curry is excellent! I also walked to the ruin fort that overlook the bay on the French side.

I mentioned to Joyce of my love of hot sauce and local rum. She took me to a local shop not near the tourist area. The woman running it some of the best homemade hot sauce (very, very hot :eek:!) and the local rum in colorful handpainted bottles were a big hit as gifts.

I mentioned that I wanted to eat lunch somewhere with a local flavor. Ms. Joyce took me to a small restaurant next to a supermarket (that supermarket had great prices on liquors too!). The goat curry,fried plantains, rice and peas were good!!!

The only reason I'm not booking a tour with Joyce for my upcoming cruise stop to St. Martin is I want to island hop to Anguilla for the day. Otherwise, I would book with Ms. Joyce in a heartbeat.

She is a classy lady and will show you a good time!!!

we have her booked too and I am trying to come up with some ideas as well. the two times I have been to St Martin, I have been in or on the water so I want to see some sights for 1/2 day and then go to the beach. I love orient beach (one of my favs), so we will be stopping there. We might wind up doing lunch there only because of time constraints. We'll see.

Any thoughts or ideas?

I'd request a visit to the Marigot Marketplace, especially if you're there on a Wednesday or Saturday. There may be coffee offered, but I'm not sure if the Mont Vernon Coffee Planatation is still in production.

Since you enjoy walking, I'd hike up to above Marigot to Fort Marigot/St. Louis for a fantastic view.

A reasonably priced restaurant and a dip in the water might suggest Calmos Cafe in Grand Case.

gary

• 2 weeks later...

Any thoughts or ideas?

Have you told her this?

I've toured with her twice. I let her know what we were interested and she took care of the rest. She's very accommodating.

Walking and shopping-Marigot and Philipsburg

Seeing the sights-She'll take care of that

Dip in the water-Orient Beach

Lunch-Lolo's in Grand Case or small places in Marigot

I would love Joyce to take us to Orient Beach, but we have teenagers and I am not sure if this would be appropriate for them.

Don't miss Orient Bay! We have been there twice and I have seen a total of 3 topless women and one (much older) man who looked, quite frankly, as though he has simply misplaced his swimsuit. If you are not on the lookout for it, the nudity is few and very far between - especially the further down the beach away from the nudist resort you go. It is primarily happy vacationers enjoying the amazingly beautiful beach and water. Don't skip it!

Don't miss Orient Bay! We have been there twice and I have seen a total of 3 topless women and one (much older) man who looked, quite frankly, as though he has simply misplaced his swimsuit. If you are not on the lookout for it, the nudity is few and very far between - especially the further down the beach away from the nudist resort you go. It is primarily happy vacationers enjoying the amazingly beautiful beach and water. Don't skip it!

THANKS for the info.

I will have to take that info into consideration.

How much does Joyce charge for a private tour... I noticed her website does not specify?

We are paying approx. $55 pp.

We needed a larger van then she normally supplies, so our cost was a little higher.

I would love Joyce to take us to Orient Beach, but we have teenagers and I am not sure if this would be appropriate for them.

We were there Jun 2nd and the beach was packed. Accidently saw two older women topless while walking back up to Le String.

How much does Joyce charge for a private tour... I noticed her website does not specify?

We paid $40 pp Sept 09.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone done her tour with small kids? We are comparing her to Bernards?

Sounds like we might be able to do some of these

Butterfly Farm

Maho Beach

French Market - curry

Local stop for Hot Sause and Local rum in handcrafted bottles

Coffee frm Mon Veron COffee Plantation at Marigot Marketplace

Beaches?

Sounds busy but we are up for it...

For those of you that paid $40 or $55 pp: Is that tour for just the two of you?

Anyone paid for a tour when it's just two and not a family or group? I like the idea of going where we want to go and having it customized to just us rather than a vanload of people if we can.

I've taken tours with Joyce and she is very accommodating. She has a great personality and you can see that she loves what she does. She has a regular route, but will adjust it depending on your wishes. We had a couple of requests,and it was no problem to do. We don't mind paying her fee, which we feel is reasonable, as we get a nice, clean and roomy, airconditioned vehicle. Joyce makes you feel like a friend.

Joyce makes a wonderful ambassador for her island.

• 8 months later...

We, six of us, are touring with Joyce in June off Allure of the Seas. I think it depends on what you want to see/do and she will accomodate. We plan on an early pick-up and then stop at some nearby scenic points for photos. After that we are going to Marigot to visit the marketplace for an hour or so and then finally to Orient beach for lunch and a couple of hours of beach time. Joyce said she would then pick us up and either take us back to the ship or stop for some additional shopping in Phillipsburg if we have the time.That's our itinerary. Good luck and have a great time!

Archived