World Cup Coverage?

mklein

Does anyone know if you will be able to get any of the games while on the ship? I leave July 4th on the Sapphire for Alaska and want to see the Quarter Finals and Semi-Finals!

I'm hoping they get like BBC or ESPN!

Any input is much appreciated, thanks!

They were definetly showing the games on the Diamond the other week. Club Fusion I believe. I think it was being shown elsewhere too - maybe churchills???

It wasn't very well attended as I remember!

Thanks so much for the quick response. Yeah...you know...soccer isn't as popular in the US. I guess I'm in the smaller group of avid followers. I hope you enjoyed your cruise!

They were definetly showing the games on the Diamond the other week. Club Fusion I believe. I think it was being shown elsewhere too - maybe churchills???

It wasn't very well attended as I remember!

I remember seeing some games broadcast in Churchhill's and a few of the ships I've been on have shown sports games in Skywalker's during the day... check there too.

Hi, We are on the Grand on the 3rd, I telephoned Princess and they assured me that all games with England, USA and Italy would be shown. I know not all the ships have it, may be worth giving them a call to find out.

Those currently pisting "life froms" has indicated that at least some of the World Cup matches are shown.

After all, it may not be a popular sport in the USA, it is popular in the countries that the ship's officers come from.

We sailed on the Golden June 12-19 and have a rabid soccer fan in the family who was anxious (to put it mildly) about missing the USA-England match the day we sailed. I called Princess ahead of time and they assured me that it would be on the ship. My son (aka the fan) took a taxi to the pier two hours before the rest of us and was the 5th person on the ship in order not to miss the game. Once onboard they directed him to Players Lounge where he met up with the other Brit/Yank fans. At first the game wouldn't come in but technicians soon remedied the problem. After that they showed games live in the lounges (one morning at 6:30 a.m.--thank you Princess!) and then repeated them on MUTS later.

We were also able to watch Game 7 of the NBA finals on the big screen in the jam-packed Explorer's Lounge. I appreciate this attention to detail and made for some fun memories.

Archived