Sunny Liston Tours-great value

stan wood

When we were heading for St. Thomas, we read all of the great reviews about Godfrey and decided to take his tour. We e-mailed and after 3 days heard nothing. Since we were leaving in a couple days, there was concern he was already booked so we went back to the virtual St. Thomas website and found another tour called Sunny Liston Tours. We e-mailed both tours and within a couple hours had a call from Sunny. (We live north of Seattle) Sunny wanted to know what we were interested in and said it would be no problem. (Godfrey did e-mail back the next day)

Our group of eight left our ship a little after 8:00 ship time and there was Sunny waiting for us with a sign so we could find him. We boarded his "safari" and he took us around town explaining the sights. We chose two hours of shopping with an extra hour at the beach, and he dropped us off downtown to go through the shops. At 10:30 he was there to meet us and we began our tour of the island. We stopped several times for pictures and he showed us historical points, churches, schools, beaches and answered any questions we had. We stopped at the mountaintop for a banana dacquiri (it was stormy so we really didn't see much) and then headed for the beach. We chose Coki Beach (Sunny advised Sapphire Beach) because we wanted to visit Coral World. After three hours, Sunny was there on time and began the trip back to the ship. He took us another route and again explained the highlights as he went. This was the best day of our cruise and a lot of the credit goes to Sunny. When we arrived at the ship, (about 4:00) we all tipped him above the $20/pp fee that he charged for the tour.

This posting is not made to discredit Godfrey, but to inform others that there is a second tour on St. Thomas that is worthy of your consideration. Sunny is a native of the islands and knows the people and their history and culture. He said he has been in business since 1994 and recently got a website (http://sunnylistontours.com/). We would have no problems booking with Sunny again and would recommend him to anyone wanting a good time and an informative tour of St. Thomas. His "Santa Claus" personality and jovial spirit are contagious and help make for a truly great day on the island.

If anyone has questions, feel free to contact me at d_sedy@yahoo.com

• 3 weeks later...

After reading your post, I sent him an e-mail yesterday and he called me back this morning. I was really surprised. Our cruise is not until July.He answered all my questions and it was a pleasure to speak with him. I Have been to St THomas several times but several family members that will be cruising with us have not. This is a great economical way for us to have a great day in St. Thomas. I was looking for an alternative to the ships tours.

Remember the old Axis commercials about being #2 and having to try harder to compete with Hertz? That's what Sunny reminded of in comparison with Godfrey. He was sensational. I'm sure you'll have a great tour. Most anything is economical compared to the ship tours.

I emailed both Godfrey and Sunny Liston, Sunny called within 24 hours. He was pleasant and very informative. I decided to book with him. Godfrey emailed a few days later. I like the personal touch of the phone call. I am looking forward to Sunny's tour on March 15 (Triumph). I will let you know how it was.

Rick

I have taken the tour with Godfrey and really enjoyed it. After reading here about Sunny Liston, I e-mailed him last night with some questions and got an e-mail right back today. So I will probably book Sunny's tour this time.

Archived