Cove Balcony-Weather Doors- How often do they really close them?

parrotthead

Hey,

I was just wondering (for those of you who have cruised in the Cove Balconys) whats your experience with the Weather Doors?

How often do they close them> do they close them in rough seas or if there is rain>?

Does anyone know....(ok, I *know* someone one knows)

;)

Hey,

I was just wondering (for those of you who have cruised in the Cove Balconys) whats your experience with the Weather Doors?

How often do they close them> do they close them in rough seas or if there is rain>?

;)[/quote

Never closed once during our cruise on the Dream in April.

Hey,

;)

Never closed once during our cruise on the Dream in April.

good to know...

We will be November (2011) -Magic...so Im hoping your experience is the norm....

:)

If the weather and the seas require them to close the doors I am sure that they will. That is one of the things that bothers me about the Cove cabins. Paying a premium price for the Cove balcony and they close the door for an extended period, you effectively have an ocean view or less with no balcony. Is a refund due for this? I don’t' think so but maybe it should be.

"losing your balcony"---That was something that had crossed my mind.

(not that there would be compensation for closing it but)

that if it had to be closed then, there you are in an OV (not that there is anything wrong with that)

But I do like the idea of being so close to the water... When we book OVs we usually book the lower decks, so we are close to the water, looks pretty esp at night.

So IDK what to do....

(ahh, decisions, decisions...)

-IMO, your not 'really' paying premium price, I guess I kind look at it as booking the highest catagory of OV ;) -

Very rough seas would be the only reason. Closed twice on the TA. EM

Were they closed for very long at a time?

(from the pics I saw, it looked like the workers just kinda came along the balconys to close them off? -- if I was in the cabin when they did that Chances are good that *they* might get a view that they did not expect) :p

Archived