Cannes to Eze by train

raleighschwinn

There are other ways but you can take the train to Eze bord de mer and then take the bus 83 up to the village. Alternately you can walk (if the day is cool and you are in fantastic shape) or take a cab. (Other ways involve other train stops and bus lines)

• 2 weeks later...

First, an excursion on your own from Cannes to Eze by public transport is not a good use of time. You will spend as much time en route as you do at the site. Save the Eze excursion for a future cruise that stops at Nice or Monte Carlo. St. Paul de Vence is a charming hill town very close to Cannes which would be a better independent option in my opinion.

However, if you have your heart set on a quickie visit to Eze, I recommend you take the bus from Cannes to Nice and connect to the bus from Nice to Eze Village. You change buses one time at the Gare Routiere (central bus station) in Nice. The Gare Routiere is only two blocks from Vieux Nice (Old Nice) so there are plenty of cafes, shops, etc. if you want to break up the trip. Well worth a visit on its own.

Take bus 200 from Cannes to Nice, then either bus 82 or 112 from Nice to Eze Village.

http://www.rca.tm.fr/horaires/index.asp?thm_id=296&lign_id=33

http://www.lignedazur.com/horaires_ligne/?rub_code=6&lign_id=1063&part_id=%PARTNER%&thm_id=0

http://www.lignedazur.com/horaires_ligne/?rub_code=6&lign_id=1093&part_id=%PARTNER%&thm_id=0

The altitude difference between Eze Bord de Mer (at sea level) and Eze Village is over 1,500 feet, so I would avoid the hike at all costs unless you are part mountain goat.

johnny

I agree with some of what Johnny says (prior post) but one most keep in mind that there are very limited independent options for getting to St Paul de Vence. It is possible to take the train from Cannes to Cagnes sur Mer and connect to the public bus, but depending on the bus connection this can take up to 1 1/2 hours each way. We have long included St Paul de Vence in our many trips to the region (both driving vacations and cruises) and think that the best way to this village from Cannes is to simply rent a car.

Hank

• 2 weeks later...

I have also been researching this option. It looks like you can take a train from Cannes to Eze (Gare SNCF) and then bus 83 to Eze Village. This is much faster than taking the bus from Cannes. The trains run every 30 minutes and take an hour. The bus from Eze Gare to the village takes 16 minutes. The only thing I haven't figured out at this point is where the train station is in Cannes in relation to the port.

Archived