Taking own wine and water aboard Jade.

vinoblanco

Yes, you can bring your own wine, but you will need to pay a $15 corkage fee per bottle. There is no fee for bringing your own water, but the ship's water is just as good - if not better - than bottled.

Ok, thanks, but does this corkage apply even when drunk (the wine not me) in your own stateroom?

Yes, they will charge you at embarkation if it is in your carry-on. If it is in your luggage, they will find it when they x-ray the luggage and you will have to go to what is lovingly called the "naughty room" here on CC. You aren't really being punished, but you will pay the corkage fee to retrieve your luggage.

Not worth the hassle. It's just that I read that they charge around 40 euros a bottle onboard. On Carnival you got away with one to two bottles at each port and I have read that on HAL, where we are booked for New Year, we can take as many bottles of wine or champagne as we like.

Not worth the hassle. It's just that I read that they charge around 40 euros a bottle onboard. On Carnival you got away with one to two bottles at each port and I have read that on HAL, where we are booked for New Year, we can take as many bottles of wine or champagne as we like.

If you try to bring alcohol on board from the ports, they will confiscate the hard liquor until the last morning of your cruise (when it will be returned) and charge you corkage for any wine you bring in from the ports. (you can have them hold the wine from ports as well to avoid the corkage.)

NCL has always been quite strict in the enforcement of their alcohol policies. Bring wine on board, no matter where you plan to consume it, you pay the $15. Obviously the idea is to make it more expensive to drink your own wine so you will buy theres!

Is water free on the NCL? ( We will be taking our first cruise on the Jewel on Jul 17 )

I read in another thread that water costs 3.50$ or something like that ...

Thx

The speciality bottled water costs and is quite high. Tap water is free.

I always love it in the dining rooms when the waiter asks you "would you like the (insert name of bottle here) bottled water or just the plain tap water."

They always make it sound like choosing the tap water is bad. I always get a chuckle at the way it is said...

• 2 weeks later...

Shelli,

It is $15 for the standard 750 bottle of wine, $30 for the 1.5 liter bottle. I buy really decent wine quite inexpensively at Trader Joe's and was happy to pay the corkage fee. Plus, then I had the wine in my cabin for pre-dinner wine!

Enjoy your cruise ;)

Archived